Sound on New EVO Version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound on New EVO Version

Well I'm stumped. The new EVO server version screws my sound up. I can't hear myself fire weapons when in optics mode. I can't hear vehicles drive. I've removed all sound mods, uninstalled/reinstalled, futzed with all settings on both ArmA and my soundcard I can find. I'm stumped.

Help?

Re: Sound on New EVO Version

A quick fix may be to rerun the patch. I have talked to some who did that and it fixed issues, plus it is quick and you loose no data. All it does it overwrite any corrupted files that may have come frfom a MOD.

As horrible as it sounds, I have done a complete reinstall of ArmA several times. If you unistall ArmA, than reinstall, your profile settings should remain in you My Documents. But I always make a quick backup of the folder anyway, just incase.

If the complete reinstall and the patch does not work than you have a OS issue that may have been mentioned before.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Might be worth a check in the windows sound / speaker setup. This same thing happened to me last night, turned out that some other game or program had changed the windows speaker configuration to have more speakers than I actually had, thus making the sound come out of the nonexistent speakers.

Comment

I've had an odd problem when exiting the game, Wave volume gets dropped to almost off. This only really affects TS when I join again or first boot and I can't hear anyone.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
          I've had an odd problem when exiting the game, Wave volume gets dropped to almost off. This only really affects TS when I join again or first boot and I can't hear anyone.
          Ok...this is weird...my wav sound drops to zero when JOINING a MP Arma session. Only thing I can do is alt tab out and adjust it manually.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Started happening when I updated my Audigy drivers. I have TS volume on a bind and I kept wondering why I would max it out and everyone was still quiet. Atleast I know the problem now.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

After a couple hours of updating drivers & troubleshooting I found my problem... My headphone jack connection needed to be wiggled. Damn lo-tecks!

Comment

Loteck is tricky huh, same happened with me My mic was broke in all my games I was all troubleshooting drivers.. I check my cord because hit me in arm, "Mic mute" tab was up, :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X