Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another alternative to Shoot (and other speech recognition software)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another alternative to Shoot (and other speech recognition software)

Found this browsing some other forums:

http://www.pilfius.com.ar/default.php

Another speech recognition alternative that is apparently free. I haven't tried it out myself, but I know some of you are using this stuff.

*Edit* here's a youtube of it in action: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D1YiUrnwG4

Cheers

Re: Yet another alternative to Shoot (and other speech recognition software)

It has some good potential. I will check it out tonight!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

This looks much easier to edit than Shoot, and to think I spent hours on that, doh.

Ah well, I've yet to test it, so it may be rubbish ;)

Anyway, it should be easy enough to port my profile to the ArmA one on this.
      "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
        This looks much easier to edit than Shoot, and to think I spent hours on that, doh.

Ah well, I've yet to test it, so it may be rubbish ;)

Anyway, it should be easy enough to port my profile to the ArmA one on this.
        Actually, if you poke around on that site, someone has already uploaded a profile for ArmA, then you probably just need to tweak to your preferences.

Comment

Yeah, I downloaded it. It's like the OFP profile for shoot. Although there are a fair few things missing from it. I'll make it the same as my Shoot profile then put a link here too.

Comment

I tried this out...seems to work. I mean all these use the same M$ speech engine, so reliability must on par.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that is was using 100% processing power of my second core, which could case some grief, but that was just goofing around. I've yet to try it in game. Let me know if you come across the same problem. I run xp64 so it might be something funny with that..

BTW, here's a link to another system... I think it's like $10 bucks but there is a free trial. It looks pretty polished.

http://www.dwvac.com/

I think peardog tried it out, but I'm not sure..

Cheers

Comment

I don't think I'd be willing to pay for something when there are several free alternatives.

I tried this on the editor, but it kept crashing, it may have been because I alt-tabbed out of game a few times, but Shoot never crashed so..

Gotta love xp64, I have it myselfy, no drivers and all ;)

Comment

I have copied my Shoot ArmA profile across to Pilfius. Its pretty much the same, although Pilfius is still in development so it has much more potential to expand, and it does seem easier to create a profile.

The profile can be downloaded here.

I have also made a profile for Silent Hunter 4, if anyone has it.

Comment

I got this one but as soon as I give a command, it crashes no matter what...

Guess I'll try Shoot =D
                  |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
                    I got this one but as soon as I give a command, it crashes no matter what...

Guess I'll try Shoot =D
                    Yeah, I had no joy with it either

Comment

I managed to get it to work. I think alt-tabbing out crashes it. Does it crash if you use other profiles?

This works great for MMORPG's, I have used it with both Guild Wars and the Tabula Rasa Beta.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X