ATI Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Users

I have this weird issue that at random times I get severe artifacts. While this is not totally odd, but the Flush doesn't seem to work for me anymore. however, my solution is changing my post processing effects setting. I prefer it on low, but when it happens and Flush doesn't work I switch it to high, until it happens on high then I go back to low. I usually only have to do this once per gaming session. I've haven't tried gaming with very high yet, so maybe that will fix the whole issue. I find it very odd that this fixes the problem(switching from low to high or high to low in post process affects) but it is very much better than a screen full of artifacts.

Any other ATI users have these issues?

I believe I am on the latest driver.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: ATI Users

Could be a heat issue, try checking the temperature of the card on CCC after a decent length gaming session.

If its near or over 70 I'd say you have a heat problem.

If you do you could either buy a better fan, which is relatively easy, or invest in water cooling, which is a lot more effective but a much bigger investment (both in money and time setting up).
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Well, at first I thought that was the case, but sometimes it can be 5 minutes into the session, sometimes an hour in. Then remember once I change the settings(either High to low OR low to High) it works fine for a few hours after that. The brief pause in rendering shouldn't lower the temp enough to make that difference.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

True, but I would still check it, just to be sure. If its not, feel free to say 'I told you so' in large letters ;)

It's just worth it to be safe.
        "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

i would highly suggest using atitool for monitoring your temps in game and setting up your own custom fan settings even if your not into overclocking.

Comment

If you're getting a bunch of strange lines out of a specific point on the screen when you look in certain directions or when zooming in, alt tab out of the game, then return. That fixes it for me.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
              If you're getting a bunch of strange lines out of a specific point on the screen when you look in certain directions or when zooming in, alt tab out of the game, then return. That fixes it for me.
              I accidentally did that too and it worked. Which is why I believe it is not heat related. I have had overheating problems in the past with other rigs and this is not showing the same symptoms. Like I said, it could be 5 minutes into a gaming session or an hour and since it goes away with doing Alt-tab or changing the settings(even to higher ones) instantly I can't really see how that would lower the temp. It's also like Switch said, in specific directions. Some directions are fine. Seems to be a result of lens flare as it is always in the direction of the sun and I don't recall it happening when the sun is completely set with NVG on.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I have an ATI card it happens to me now as well, but only after jumping to the newest drivers. I had refrained from updating the drivers because of the memory leakage issue, I had drivers 6.7 or something and never had a problem. After updating to the latest driver, I occasionally get the triangle artefacts, mostly originating from a team mates body. I don't think it is a heat is either.

Comment

I've had this happen to me once or twice on my 1900xt, but after gaming for 5-6 hours so I assumed it was heat related. Your sounds like somethings else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X