Armed Assault Server Looping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault Server Looping?

Q: If I understand this. One server can host 100 + player at a time. First. What is the plus that can be held? Second. Can you loop servers togather and get more than 100 players on one map?

Re: Armed Assault Server Looping?

There may be a way to run more than a certain number of players on a server but it just does not make sence. The issue is not player slots it is server resources.

That all being said, there are so many command and control issues involved with that many players, I doubt you will ever see a mission that large.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
      There may be a way to run more than a certain number of players on a server but it just does not make sence. The issue is not player slots it is server resources.

That all being said, there are so many command and control issues involved with that many players, I doubt you will ever see a mission that large.
      Ok. Tell me some of the command and control issue that I will run into. And so fare as servers specs. A dual motherboard with Xeon Quad-Core Processers. With 32GB DDR2 667 Ram. FSB 1333/1066MHz. Also. You didn't give me an answer on the 100+ players. What is the plus? Thanks.

Comment

Your specs can handle obviously something that large, but I do not know that you are asking for when you ask for "plus".

As for the command and control piece I talked about, try getting 100 people together on TeamSpeak and running a mission. Even if they were all great players, you have humans involved and it will be a nightmare. Not to say it cannot be done, but the other issue will be finding that many players to commit to a game at the same time. There are only maybe one or two servers out there that can come close to those numbers and they have had a huge following for a while.

The last issue will be missions; you will have to design a custom mission just for your play. The largest I have seen was an 80 slot mission and it was crap. It crippled the server and had no substance as far as game play went.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Those are fine server specs, but overkill. Arma only uses one core.

As for the 100+, I've seen TvT missions (no AI) with just over 120 slots. You will not get be able to get over 100 in a complicated co-op mission. From what I've been told, total number on the server is technically unlimited, but you need a very good connection and you are limited to that single core.
          Last edited by Brewski; 09-01-2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

This is an odd series of posts, to be perfectly frank. Are you intending to use this for military applications? If so, you should be inquiring into VBS2, not ArmA (since ArmA is legally not allowed to be used for such purposes).

I can't imagine why else you would be concerned about 100+ player capacity. Getting 100+ people onto a server is no trivial matter.

Anyhow, if you are inquiring for military reasons, head on over to http://www.vbs2.com and get in contact with them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X