My rig and Domination mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rig and Domination mode

My computer has no problem on different servers with Arma. Because domination mode has client side video settings my FPS are 1-3. This could be a advantage for higher end rigs but Domination mode is still in developement (Thank you Shiner!)so..... I'll post my system specs for some expert advice from my friends here at TG.
    System Specs:
    Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe MoBo not overclocked
    Socket 775 Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected] 2.40 GHz not overclocked!
    2 GB Corsair Ram
    BFG Nvidia 7950GTOC not overclocked
    Creative Audigy 4 gamer EAX disabled for Arma
    Aluminum Thermaltake case
    320 GB SATA Western Digital HD with 16 mb cache
    Windows XP professional
    Attached Files

Re: My rig and Domination mode

Originally posted by curtagain View Post
    Because domination mode has client side video settings my FPS are 1-3.
    How did you arrive at this conclusion. I'd be surprised if your FPS lockdown has anything to do with these settings being offered as a client side option. Your rig's configuration is not out of the ordinary for this title.

And it's only the "Dominiation" mission? Have you tested out the mission more than that first time a couple of Sunday's ago?

Nobody will know more than Domination than Shiner, as it's his creation. Any thoughts on this Shiner or has anyone else experienced this phenomenon.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I run almost the exact setup (ATI x1900xt excepted) and don't experience any issues. I can say that viewdistance is set at ~1250 (but does change using the BASf framework based on the vehicle you are in).

Other than this there are NO modifications to the standard graphics. There are more than the typical client side scripts running, but with your 2GB ram and 6600 this shouldn't be an issue.

There are some pretty decent levels of "publicVariable" which consumes bandwidth at a slightly higher rate, but again this should be within tolerable levels for most.

If you would load the mission up in the mutliplayer section on your own...
      Goto where your mutiplayer game cache is.. usually found under
      C:\Documents and Settings\user profile\local settings\application data\ArmA
      Find domination and copy it to your game install location in the MPMissions folder
      In-game then
      Go to multiplayer, click new, click OK, select sahrani, select domination and ok to start.

You might also try deleting any or all the missions in the cache for those you don't play very often.

Comment

Curt - if I remember correctly you're using a 19" widescreen. In addition to your aspect ratio of 16:10 or 16:9 (personal preference), you should set your resolution to 1440x900. That's the native resolution of the monitor

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'm on it! Concerning my client side video settings statement I thought I heard that from Shiner.Most servers set it for you before you enter multiplayer but it was my understanding that Domination used my settings. I tried to play Domination again yesterday and ran into the same problem with FPS as the original Beta test match a few weeks ago hence my need to get my rig to play this mode/mission.

Comment

try turning off AntiAliasing, and putting your aniso filtering up higher. AA is a killer on FPS in this game but AF i've noticed isnt as bad. also higher levels of AF will make your textures look alot sharper whereas AA tends to blur things too much.

Comment

Post processing will blur things since it adds in focus distance effects. Antialiasing doesn't blur that much. AA's intent is to smooth out lines.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks Insanitrix! I'll try my AF to medium.AA is already off. Anyone familiar with a Nvidea setting called Monitor Scaling or Display Adapter Scaling and does that even matter now that I began using my monitor at it's native res (the highest Arma video options allows)? When I try to use the display adapter scaling my screen looks like a paint splotch!

Comment

I've never seen that stuff on my Nvidia settings. If you right-click on your desktop and adjust your view via Properties -> Settings, it doesn't look right on 1440x900?

Comment

They are there. Fixed aspect scaling , monitor scaling, display adapter scaling. In flight sim X I thought my bland graphics where from no DX10 but when I changed my Nvidea settings from monitor adapter to display adapter(video card) the difference was spectacular! This doesn't work for Arma though it looks ok and I'm using 1440 x900 thanks to you but obviously I want my system optimized for a resource hog like Arma!LOL

Comment

Monitor scaling scales the resolution set in game to match your monitor's native resolution. It's only useful if you game outside of the monitor's native resolution. Typically, the monitor's scaling is crap so set it to fixed aspect scaling. This will maintain the correct aspect ratio so that circles truly appear as circles, not as ovals.

Just try to game at your monitor's native resolution. When you start upscaling resolutions, you end up with slightly blurry images. It's like zooming in on a pic.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X