Kegetys ArmA Launcher - Where does it save stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegetys ArmA Launcher - Where does it save stuff

Anyone have any idea where this thing save's it's settings?

I've done a lot of fruitless searching, but it's gotta be somewhere's obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Re: Kegetys ArmA Launcher - Where does it save stuff

Actually, it doesn't install like a program, it simple runs from the exe... so just move it to your desktop... it never installs into the actual harddrive, so I imagine the settings are within the program exe... man I'm confused, lol, hope you know what I mean...

to un-install it, you simply delete it from the desktop or where ever you run it from.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I doubt the settings are in the .exe. A self-modifying program isn't really that popular when it has to access the Internet. It probably saves the settings to your user directory under AppData or some such name. The other possibility is the registry.

It is in the registry under HKCU/Software/Kegetys/Arma Launcher

HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
      Last edited by =Sarc=; 10-03-2007, 07:53 AM. Reason: Found the settings in registry

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, I just moved the .exe but the config didn't come with it.

For the life of my I couldn't find anything in my user directory, so I'll take a look at the registry when i get home.

Thanks,

Comment

I use GoArma and as sarc said, it saves it's stuff in the application data folder found in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data - remember that the AppData folder is hidden so you'll need to unhide it in folder options.

I would also open up the config folder (with notepad) and take a look in their - you can probably edit the fields. If ur not sure, post the config text in this thread :)
          Jex.

Comment

GoArma is probably in the user directory. I didn't notice anything in the registry for Goarma but I wasn't looking for it.

ArmA Launcher is definitely in the registry under the key I mentioned. The values aren't in plain text so it may be a little cumbersome to edit directly.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, I just entered everything manually again.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X