Updated tp XFI extreme gamer mic inop TS and Vent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated tp XFI extreme gamer mic inop TS and Vent

Well I figured a update to a Creative XFI Extreme gamer was due cause of the latest EAX support but after following detailed instructions on removing the Audigy remnants and reinstalling TS I can't get the mic to work in TS or vent. It does work with a little squealing in the Windows test Hardware of control panel. Also the 5.1 speakers work fine. This is something to do with the Creative Audio console and mic settings although I've spent 6 or more hours and am getting ready to revert to my old card and return the XFI . I'm looking at updating my Bios also. Anyone else have this set up XP with a XFI?

Re: Updated tp XFI extreme gamer mic inop TS and Vent

Try switching PCI slots as that sometimes causes a problem with Creative cards. A BIOS update might help but check the changelog to see if the update even addresses Creative cards. I've heard of some mobos having problems with Creative cards that may have had fixes through BIOS updates. Lastly, check to see if you're running the latest drivers or try YouP-PAX drivers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks Sarc! Actually I just installed a 3rd party hot fix for this called Muvixer. It fixed the problem in the Creative XFI Extreme gamer not allowing mic to be used in applications cause of software driver confusion. This is a well documented problem with the XFI series. I do have a few Bios updates to chose from but saw none that are specific to my MOBO or problem. Muvixer (freeware by a concerned gamer!) did it for me.

Comment

The mic not working is often an obscure setting called 'What you hear'

Every time I do stuff with the audio drivers I need to find it again and pump it up so I can use in game voip and TS.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I'll try that too. Thanks Switch. Played in game for 8 hours today without restarting the computer one time and got in the dreaded Domination (for my computer before xfi) mode and had 29 FPS in trees and played for 2 plus hours! Also someone came right up to me speaking in game voip and teamspeak with the same button and didn't crash me!

Comment

Switch, Thanks for the advice concerning this series of Creative card. Unfortunately I can't get it to work using the "What you hear" It's still necessary for me to use the "microphone" setting with Muvixer for now. Are you using Windows XP and do you have the XFI Extreme gamer card. If so if you get a few at some point "no rush"do you mind sharing your settings in TS and the creative Audio console cause I'd like to use this card without a third party software causing the mic to work in TS or Vent.

Comment

FYI, This was a Creative Audio console settings problem for me and not knowing a workable config was causing my mic probs. The Audio Console on the Creative XFI Extreme Gamer (with a preset gamer config chosen) could be compared to a combination lock! There are recording and music options not needed for gaming but the amount of configurations is a little confusing and one wrong setting can cause problems. JAmerica has winxp and a xfi card and was kind enough to send me a screenshot of his particular config of the console and this worked for me so I don't have to run muvixer with the card now. Thanks to Switch, Sarc and JAmerica for the help!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X