problem w/ squad.xml?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem w/ squad.xml?

Just wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here... I followed the tutorial over at BIStudios... the information and a black box where my graphic should go is visible on the vehicles...

Do I understand correctly that all 4 files, including the paa graphic file goes on my website... not on my harddrive, but yet it seems that ArmA is looking for it there...

any idea, or info?

thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: problem w/ squad.xml?

Fastest way would be to email one of use your squad.xml so we can take a look at it for errors. My email is thakhan at my gmail account. You need to have all the files upload to the same folder on your webspace, including your logo. By that error it looks like you are trying to load it from your PC. Also, your logo needs to be a perfect square for size. I believe 64x64 works well.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

<?xml version="1.0"?>
      <!DOCTYPE squad SYSTEM "squad.dtd">
      <?xml-stylesheet href="squad.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<squad nick="SHQ">
      <name>SimHQ</name>
      <email>[email protected]</email>
      <web>www.simhq.com</web>
      <picture>Magnum_logo_subdued.paa</picture>
      <title>SimHQ</title>

<member id="15626502" nick="Magnum">
      <name>Chuck Ankenbauer</name>
      <email>[email protected]</email>
      <icq>N/A</icq>
      <remark>Land and Armor Combat Editor, SimHQ</remark>
      </member>
      </squad>
      Here is a copy/paste... but i have all 4 files zipped up if you could take a look at them and make sure i am correct.

thx
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

That part looks good. Did you check your logo size and then upload to all the same folder? Then put the url to your squad.xml file in the squad link in game.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

yes... like I PM'ed you...it works on a friends web site, so I'm linked to his, but the same files on my web site give me the graphic error...oh well, thx anyway.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

One of the easiest ways to see if it is working is ti actually veiw the web link. If the info and log dispplays when you type in the web link, it normally will work. The biggest issue we had was to get the file converted to PAA format. The tutorial was not all together great when telling you how to convert a jpg or gif.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
              One of the easiest ways to see if it is working is ti actually veiw the web link. If the info and log dispplays when you type in the web link, it normally will work. The biggest issue we had was to get the file converted to PAA format. The tutorial was not all together great when telling you how to convert a jpg or gif.
              I think we also found that logo files that are too big cause problems. I can't remember the size, want to say 96kb.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X