ArmA and Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA and Vista

I've never been able to start Arma after d/ling and installing on a new clean Vista 64 rig Any suggestions.
    LpBronco
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: ArmA and Vista

There is quite a comprehensive Vista trouble shooting thread at the BIS forums that I recommend you check out:

Vista Troubleshooting Thread: The one and only
    LoyalGuard

Comment

If you have 4 GB (or more) of RAM, ArmA simply doesn't work. You need to disable 1 GB in the boot configuration, which is described in the vista troubleshooting thread Loyal linked above:

64-bit Windows with 4GB RAM, black loading screen

* Until either Bohemia Interactive, Microsoft or the Video Card producers come up with a solution, you can workaround this problem by limiting your System Memory to 3GB by a simple change of settings and a reboot:
      o Press windowskey+R, and run msconfig
      o At the boot tab, pick advanced options and put maximum memory to 3072
      o Reboot
      o You can also revert the setting by above method to get your full 4GB back
      * More methods might be listed soon, together with a method to get a selection screen at system boot up to pick "Normal Operation" and "Limited to 3GB"
      * More info on boot parameters available below, in the section
      Sad but true :(

Comment

That's his problem I bet. He was telling me that he had 4gig of RAM earlier.
        | | |

Comment

I'm planning on replacing my 1 gb sticks for two's You know how sad that there isn't a better remedy for this.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

:( I had to take out 2 gig so I could play. I was able to put 1 stick in and it was somewhat stable, but it would than conflict with SLI.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

You should be able to disable the extra memory through msconfig instead of physically removing sticks.

Comment

I was able to use msconfig to get in the game but should have read closer on how to undo the changes Pay attention on how to re-edit the settings to get your system to recognize all your memory again. I was successful after two system crashes

By the way thanks for the help
                Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

So can we expect to see you in-game one of these days? :D
                  | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement