ArmA Gold version patching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA Gold version patching?

I just had a knock on my door, and who should it be?
    The UPS man with a gift from newegg for me. :)

I just got the new ArmA Gold edition and was wondering if anyone had heard if it needs any kind of patching, like to the .9 beta I hear everyone talking about.
    I have installed it but not loaded it up.

Also, I am running with 4 gigs of RAM, and have heard the final .9 patch is supposed to fix the bug with 4 gigs from earlier versions, but does the .9 beta also do this.

And any suggestions or links to good stuff I should add on right away?

Thanks folks!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ArmA Gold version patching?

Yes it does, I too have 4gigs of RAM and the 1.09Beta patch works perfectly with it. As for playing the game, remember to goto your main folder and use the Beta .exe to start the game it does'nt replace the .exe from 1.08 patch.
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure what version ArmA Gold comes as...but if it's not 1.08, you'll want to patch up to 1.08:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Patch_v.1.08

After that, you want to install the 1.09 Beta patch which is what we're currently running here at TG:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.09

Make sure you read and follow all the installation instructions for the Beta patch.

I definitely look forward to seeing you in game! A lot of helpful material to be found by browsing through the forums.
      | | |

Comment

I'm fairly sure it comes patched to 1.08 (a few sources confirm); it definitely doesn't come with 1.09 (as that's beta, although it's perfectly stable). The latter is a very quick download.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Well, it does come with 1.08, and I did have a hard time getting it running till Atomic Dog helped me out on x-fire and I had to disable 1 gig of RAM.

Did have some weird freezes, and the training session messed up right at the end and I had to do it all over again. Kind of pissed because I had perfect scores, except I totally suck on the M203(?) grenade launcher. Had to do that one over and over and over.

Did have 1 crash to desktop as well.

What do most people get for FPS? I have pretty much all the settings at max and am getting like 23-26 FPS, so I am guessing I need to turn 1-2 things back a bit.

Running with a 8800GTS 640mb.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Time of this report: 2/28/2008, 04:27:23
            Machine name: GRENDAL
            Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
            Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
            System Manufacturer: MSI
            System Model: MS-7250
            BIOS: Default System BIOS
            Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
            Memory: 4094MB RAM
            Page File: 1230MB used, 7113MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\Windows
            DirectX Version: DirectX 10
            DX Setup Parameters: Not found
            DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 64bit Unicode

---------------
            Display Devices
            ---------------
            Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
            Manufacturer: NVIDIA
            Chip type: GeForce 8600 GTS

Display Memory: 2032 MB
            Dedicated Memory: 241 MB
            Shared Memory: 1791 MB
            Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
            Monitor: SyncMaster 2232BW/2232GW/2232GW Plus,SyncMaster Magic CX2232GW(Digital)

This is the system I've been using for ArmA, it is stable. Now if I could just get TS to like my Onboard sound I'd be golden. That's next weeks paycheck.
            sigpic

Comment

Believe it or not...23-26 is pretty decent for this game. ArmA is a monster when it comes to using resources. There are a few things you can try as well, but I'll hit you up in xfire about it.
              | | |

Comment

I get 60fps with all the settings on highest with a Core 2 Duo E6750 (underclocked to 2.33GHz from 2.66GHz to quiet the fan down), 2GB of DDR2 800, and a GeForce 8800GT. If you get low FPS with an 8800, chances are it's your processor or operating system limiting you.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I am running an intel quad 6600 overclocked to 3.0 and ram is set to 1066 (stock)

I am thinking of patching and seeing if that makes a difference.

Also, what driver are you using for that 8800GT? I have the newest installed, but maybe an older one would be better.

Edit:
                  forgot to mention I am running at 1650x1080 rez, what are you running at?
                  Last edited by Bamboo; 02-28-2008, 02:23 PM.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I run it at 1280x1024 (my monitor's native resolution). I'm using the newest drivers.
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Well, something is really weird.
                      I was running still at 22-26 fps, and getting constant laggy slowdown/ freezes.
                      So I lowered pretty much everything to Normal. But I am still at only 22-26 FPS, and still laggy. I would have thought my FPS would have gone way up.
                      I followed all the tricks on the Wiki for Vista, but no love.
                      And damn the Direct Hit level is hard, with that chopper flying around overhead.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Reduce your resolution with the settings all the way up and see if it increases significantly. Also, consider disabling "v-sync", if that's an option in this game.
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Also, try adding -maxmem=512 to your launch properties.
                          | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X