Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Mission File - hangs

Hey all

I haven't played ArmA in about 6 months and am attempting to try it out again today. I am running both versions 1.08 and also 1.09 BETA.

What happens is when I join a game, I see the dialog box "Receiving Mission File" but it says 0 of 0 bytes and nothing happens. It hangs at this screen. I've let it sit for upwards of 10 minutes to see no changes.

I did not receive this problem before and until now, had no problems with running ArmA. Does anyone have ideas?

thanks
    Vanity

Re: Loading Mission File - hangs

I mistakenly put this in the wrong area...could we move to tech forum please?

Comment

Moved.

Is it every mission or only a specific one? Is it multiple servers or a specific one?

The only thing I can think of of the top of my head is making sure you are correctly patched (versions, order, and numbering). After that maybe try to clear your mission cache. Instructions here:

Hardware Issues: Tips/Tricks/Solutions

Try deleting the following folder of information, you might have some corrupt MP Cache:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data and then delete the folder named ArmA

(You MUST have Show Hidden Folders enabled in XP in the Folder properties)
      Last edited by loyalguard; 03-12-2008, 04:06 PM.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
        Moved.

Is it every mission or only a specific one? Is it multiple servers or a specific one?

The only thing I can think of of the top of my head is making sure you are correctly patched (versions, order, and numbering). After that maybe try to clear your mission cache. Instructions here:

Hardware Issues: Tips/Tricks/Solutions
        Unfortunately that did not work....so I did a full uninstall, manually deleted the folders and folders in My Documents. Full re-install up to 1.08 and 1.09.

STILL just sits there at "Receiving Mission File". I don't get it....this had never happened before and my rig is virtually unchanged from last time I played. Are these huge files it's downloading?

Comment

Found it... Not sure if this is any different than the tips loyal gave, but see if it helps.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...time-load.html
          Dizlor

Comment

Well I tried that and it didn't help either. Also opened port 2302 on my router...turned off anti-virus...still not loading up.

This is where it gets stuck:

Comment

Download the .pbo for a mission, put it in the right folder, and then try to start a local game through the multiplayer thing. Get someone else who's on to test it with you.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Well, still cannot get maps to load. I tried to join the BI forums for tech support (you have to email their moderator to join the board) and he hasn't gotten back to me in a few days. Bummer.

I think I'm done with this game. I got about 3 months playing out of it so maybe it was worth the $50, I dunno.

Comment

This used to happen to me alot when I first started playing.. I honestly dont know how it got fixed, it just did. One day it just started working.... Id rather not see you give up on the game all together cuz you are a good player to have on the servers... just hang in there man..
                  Dizlor

Comment

BINGO.

Get this dude, it's the ROUTER causing it. If I take out the router and plug directly into my computer, it loads the mission data w/o problem. The router must be blocking the data somehow. I even went in and opened up port 2302 or something like that specifically for MP ArmA.

Like I said, not a clue why the router blocks it now but not earlier, but that's apparently the culprit. I'll keep fiddling with it to see if I can get the router working with the game....I really don't want a software firewall if I can help it. But alas! The game works!!

And I just bought COD4 today which I hate (cause my ArmA wouldn't work) Now I need to try and hawk it on eBay or somethin...lemme know if anyone is interested.
                    Last edited by vanity11; 03-17-2008, 03:29 AM. Reason: port correction

Comment

This was such an amazingly frustrating experience that I went ahead and updated the BI wiki under Arma Troubleshooting. Hopefully others can now google the error and get a solid resolution.

Gogeta - I added in the screenshot used here to the Wiki as an example...if you don't want your name in that pic I can edit the Wiki and black it out.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...roubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
                        This was such an amazingly frustrating experience that I went ahead and updated the BI wiki under Arma Troubleshooting. Hopefully others can now google the error and get a solid resolution.

Gogeta - I added in the screenshot used here to the Wiki as an example...if you don't want your name in that pic I can edit the Wiki and black it out.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...roubleshooting
                        Na thats kool with me! Exposure Exposure Exposure :D
                        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse