IFC22.dll not found?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFC22.dll not found?

Hey folks. I'm trying to get the beta 1.11 patch running for ArmA. I've got it installed, but when I try to open ArmA from the beta file I get an error message that tells me IFC22.dll is not found. any suggestions? The only thing I can figure is that IFC22.dll might have something to do with my mouse, of all bizarre things.

Re: IFC22.dll not found?

Problem resolved by unpacking the whole beta folder right into the main ArmA folder. Not sure if I was supposed to do that to begin with or not.

Comment

Frank-

Yes, the beta folder should reside directly in the ArmA folder. I believe the installer should put it there automatically.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

This happened to me, inexplicably, with 1.09, and the solution was moving the beta executable into the ArmA directory, overwriting the older version.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          This happened to me, inexplicably, with 1.09, and the solution was moving the beta executable into the ArmA directory, overwriting the older version.
          What ednos said. The file was installed to the ArmA directory, but to get the game to work I had to move the beta .exe and the other files for the beta patch from the Beta file to the ArmA file, overwriting the originals. Once that was done it worked just fine, though I wish I could say the same for my IFF abilities.

Comment

Were you running the "shortcut to beta" link? If not, that error will come up. You don't run the arma.exe, you run that shortcut.
            Jex.

Comment

I had the same issue when I tried to make a new shortcut to the beta.exe, after trying to use the ArmA Launcher, which never did work. The only shortcut I could get to work correctly was the one the installer placed in the regular ArmA folder. After that I didn't get the IFC22.dll error. This never happened until I tried to use the ArmA Launcher. I have no idea why it did that, and it doesn't make a lot of sense, but that is how it happened.

Comment

The "workaround" you guys are using here is the wrong thing to do. You are taking it from being a mod folder (which it should be) and turning it into a "final" patch (which it shouldn't be, and which might cause conflicts in the future).

The BIS wiki explains what that error is caused by. You can find the entry here:
                http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...cate_IFC22.DLL

Be warned that what some of you have done (moving the beta content into the main content) may require you to reinstall ArmA to get the final 1.12 patch installed properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X