Installing 1.11 Beta patch in steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 1.11 Beta patch in steam

Hey gang. I was wondering if there was a way to install the 1.11 patch in steam. When I use the installer, it says I don't have the game installed (right....). I just need to know what I can do to get this patch working.

Additionally, I have Vista x64. The game wont even launch when I run it from Steam. It just crashes out. So I'm pretty sure the only way I'll be able to play this game is if I can install this patch.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Installing 1.11 Beta patch in steam

I am sure that it is just like patching the normal version. However, I would follow the launch from Beta versus launching from within steam. Your shortcut should look something like: C:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

Follow the link below to the 1.11 thread and you should be good to go!!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...-released.html
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
      I am sure that it is just like patching the normal version. However, I would follow the launch from Beta versus launching from within steam. Your shortcut should look something like: C:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

Follow the link below to the 1.11 thread and you should be good to go!!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...-released.html
      So what do I do to properly install the files that come with the patch? what does the file/folder structure look like? also:

X:<XXX>\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash

Is this a shortcut with command line parameters? should there be a .exe in the \beta folder? I'm really confused now :[
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

It doesn't let you specify the directory for the patch? Check the internet to see if there's a command line option for the patch installer to that end.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I can't find anything on installing the patch with the steam version of the game. Which is unfortunate, because I picked up the game on the understanding that it would install with Steam.

A google search turns up this thread.

Comment

That's odd that you're having so many issues. There are several players who are playing on the server who picked up the game through steam. I'm hoping one of them will chime in here to explain how they installed the patch.
            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
              That's odd that you're having so many issues. There are several players who are playing on the server who picked up the game through steam. I'm hoping one of them will chime in here to explain how they installed the patch.
              God, I hope so. I've been waiting to play this game, and not that I have it and can't play it... Argh! ;)

Comment

I had the same problem. i installed arma off steam and then tried to patch it. the error of improper install and whatnot came up. I gave up for the night and decided to try it today. !Viola! It worked. YOu may have to reinstall arma? not sure. But restart the comp before you try to install the patch. I think it has to be set in registry on steam or something. This might help, not sure, but it worked for me!!

Comment

i dont know if patches are different or whatnot, but i can send you the patch if you still cant get the one you downloaded to work and after you have reinstalled arma on steam.

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna suggest a reinstall of ArmA, then when you go to install the patch, make sure it's pointing to the folder in Steam that contains the ArmA files.

After that, you should see a "Launch ArmA Beta Patch" in your ArmA folder. You'll want to make a shortcut on your desktop that points to that file to launch it.
                    | | |

Comment

I'll give a reboot>reinstall>reboot>patch a shot tonight. Thanks for the support gang!

Comment

Wooot! Success! I had to reboot after installing via Steam in order for the patch to realize that I had installed the game :D I'm up and running... now I just need to figure out how to play the derned game... I need a keymap!

Comment

Nice!!!
                          | | |

Comment

Horray!

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                              now I just need to figure out how to play the derned game... I need a keymap!
                              Ask and you shall receive:

Armed Assault Default Keyboard Control Settings
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse