Graphics went weird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics went weird

I was in the middle of a round when suddenly the image looks like I'm looking at a convex mirror. My guns stretched out length ways and it all looks kinda wired. When I zoom in it moves really far like your starting of the perspective from really far back. I had changed my graphic drivers to a beta version recently to get another game working but I rolled back to my original drivers and the problems still there. All other games are working fine and tried the different versions of ArmA. Any ideas on this?

8600GTS

Re: Graphics went weird

Sometimes this happens to me when I'm pressing too many buttons at once and press one I didn't intend to. Try fiddling with the + and - keys.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by chaka View Post
      I was in the middle of a round when suddenly the image looks like I'm looking at a convex mirror. My guns stretched out length ways and it all looks kinda wired. When I zoom in it moves really far like your starting of the perspective from really far back. I had changed my graphic drivers to a beta version recently to get another game working but I rolled back to my original drivers and the problems still there. All other games are working fine and tried the different versions of ArmA. Any ideas on this?

8600GTS
      Could you describe your rollback process? You may have done it correctly, but if you list it out perhaps you'll see where you missed something.

Comment

Tried playing about with the zoom keys but thats not it. When I say rolled back my drivers I mean I just un-installed the graphics drivers then reinstalled the old ones. The effect is quite subtle and it is playable, but its just off putting that it doesn't look the way its supposed to.

Comment

Like this?

1) Download new drivers. Leave them on Desktop.
          2) Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Uninstall
          3) Start -> Programs -> Driver Cleaner Pro -> (Clean driver remnants) *product is freeware
          4) Reboot
          5) Answer "NO" to Windows installing new hardware
          6) Doubleclick and install downloaded drivers

Comment

Ah solved it now, it was something to do with the zoom as I set my keybinds back to default and it solved the problem. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

Right... I hope you didn't screw up your system too much playing with drivers.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The only improvement to what Vanity11 wrote would be to uninstall the vid card in Windows via device manger, reboot and go into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Guru3D's driver cleaner, reboot.

Upon rebooting, I like to go back to Safe Mode to install the video card drivers, but you can just boot to Windows and install the new drivers there as well.

I like to install the drivers in Safe Mode because there are minimal processes running. This pretty much guarantees that nothing can interfere with the driver install and the driver install goes very cleanly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X