Mods and random frustration...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods and random frustration...

Ok, so I have been trying to get some of the more common mods to work with ArmA so I can see all of the map markers and check out some of the game improvements to the game the mods provide. I installed several as the readme files suggested (even though they seem to vary horribly and one the BPA Sound Mod seemed to be named wrong) and modded the shortcut to launch them and they still didn't work. I figured it had something to do with the shortcut but nothing I have tried has fixed it. I put all of the mods in the original ArmA folder and even tried copying them into the ArmA beta folder since that is what I am actually launching. When none of this worked I tried the ArmA Launcher to see if that would sort out my problems. I directed the ArmA Launcher to launch the beta.exe file, since again, that is what we are using and I started getting all sorts of issues. As soon as I launch the game in Single Player mode with the ArmA Launcher too test the mods, I get this pop up error message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.
    I click ok, and the game continues to launch and my monitor goes black as it usually does when launching a game and then it crashes to desktop and I get the following popup error:

Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod
    If I try to start the game using the normal shortcut like I did before I even started messing with all this mod crap, the game refuses to launch and I get this error:

This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
    I uninstalled, then reinstalled the game, the 1.08 patch and the 1.11 Beta patch and I still get the exact same errors. I deleted the Launcher, which I am convinced started the whole mess since the game worked fine before I downloaded it, and still I get the same issues. Here are the mods I installed:

ArmA Launcher
    TG ModPack
    ArmA Effects
    BPA Real Sounds
    Shack Tactical Markers

Any ideas what went wrong and why I can no longer launch the game? Shouldn't reinstalling the game put the "missing" .dll file back in place where it should be? I'm about 3 seconds away from deleting ArmA and my downloaded game file due to all of this stuff making it much more difficult to play than it's worth.

Re: Mods and random frustration...

Does this help?

Here is what my root directory looks like:

Here is my command line that I run from a shortcut
    E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Misc [email protected]_Tracers [email protected]

Comment

Don't give up yet, El! We'll find a solution.
      | | |

Comment

From http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?t...&printable=yes

ArmA fails to load and crashes immediately.

Possible solutions

Here are some things to try that have worked for other people.

* Have the latest drivers for your hardware. Updating sound, motherboard, video and network drivers have all had some success with some people.
        * Try running the ArmA game as an administrator, right-click the arma.exe and choose Run as.. and then choose the administrator account.

ArmA Beta: Unable to Locate IFC22.DLL
        Also, have you reinstalled 1.11 Beta and launching it from Launch ArmA Beta.exe?
        | | |

Comment

I think I found the problem. I can only get the game to work if I use the "Launch ArmA Beta Patch" shortcut found in the ArmA folder. If I make my own shortcut from the ArmA.exe in the beta folder, it doesn't work. The ArmA Launcher requires that you direct it to an .exe file since it doesn't see the shortcuts. The ArmA beta .exe will not launch the game correctly, so the game crashes when I launch it with the ArmA Launcher. If I do it by the short cut provided, it works fine. I guess I'll have to trash the launcher and figure out the shortcut thing. Even changing the Launcher so I can see the shortcuts and using the the beta shortcut that works results in the same errors and CTD. So much for something that makes things easier, lol.

I'll work on the shortcut based on the mods I have and the example Vanity provided. Hopefully I can get it to work ok, if not, I have the stock game working again like before so at least I have something, lol. Thanks for the help and I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

Are you saying you can't figure out how to make a shortcut out of the .exe file?
            | | |

Comment

It's probably this:

Your "Target" directory in the shortcut line needs to be C:\YourArmADir\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta (etc etc)

Your "Start In" directory needs to be
              C:\YourArmADir\

Anything else (ie: "Start In" set to YourArmADir\beta\) will cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                Are you saying you can't figure out how to make a shortcut out of the .exe file?
                Lol, no I know how to do that, but honestly, for some odd reason, the new ones I make of the 1.11 Beta do not work and CTD. The default one that pops up in the ArmA folder after installing the 1.11 patch works fine, so I'm not messing with it. I also installed the mods I have and they are running great after I figured out what I was doing wrong with mod'ing the shortcut. I have no idea what caused this mess, but I'm sure it's something that the ArmA Launcher did to my saved folders in My Documents. I didn't delete them since I didn't want to lose my profiles and all the changes I made to my controls so whatever it did stayed. I also have some odd "%7cTG-X%7c%20Elwenil" folder in My Documents now that I cannot delete since it gives me a "Cannot Find Specified File" error when I try to delete it. Either way, it's working find now and the mods appear to work when I test them in Single Player so I'm leaving it alone for now, lol. This coupled with the issues I have been dealing with modifying the catalog on our business website today was about enough to make me swear off electronics and become a monk, lol.

Comment

Your problem was probably not including "beta" in the list of mods, as Dslyecxi pointed out.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I don't know. I never made a new shortcut from scratch, just modified the default one the patch provided. My main issue was in thinking the "no splash" command was something seperate from the beta command and seperating them. I don't know exactly what I was thinking to make me do that.

Comment

Listen to your friend Billy Zane Dyslexi. He's a cool guy.

Comment

It's all good now. I have the game up and running and no errors or CTD happens. I know the sound mod and TrueMods is working, and I assume the others are also but I need to get in a play a bit to be sure. Since with everyone's help I managed to figure out what I was messing up in the shortcut, I'm good to go.

EDIT: I'll +Rep you guys as soon as the forum calms down. Been getting the busy signal a lot today and I get an "Error on Page" when trying to give Rep. What is it with me and errors today? Lol...

Comment

What is with this thread? I can't give any rep because of an Error on the page. Grr...

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                            What is with this thread? I can't give any rep because of an Error on the page. Grr...
                            Things just are not goin your way, brother!

Comment

Ah ha! Got it now. Apophis' updates to the forum must have been blocking me giving rep. + Rep to everyone for helping, thanks!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X