Animations in game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animations in game

Hi, new to arma, well when i say new it means ive had it for 5 months, didn't like it. Then yesterday saw the new patches, decided id give it a go on t&ts coop. Had a blast, great teamwork with beta holding the team together, excellent commander.

Anyway, the gameplay is great, the graphics can be beautiful, however the lag can spoil it. It may be because i'm from the uk and was playing with a ping from about 120-160. But when we were on a hill about to open fire on enemy patrols, i noticed that the ai's animations were very jumpy, they were walking but they were also teleporting half a meter at the same time. Just wondering is this normal? Or is there something i should change in my settings?

Also what settings should i be looking to be playing at? My spec is E6600 @ stock, 3870xt, 4 gig ram, vista, 320gb hdd. I have them mostly on high/medium at the min, haven't had time to fiddle with them yet.

Thanks

Re: Animations in game

You'll have to put up with it I'm afraid - been around since OFP.
    Jex.

Comment

It's lag on the server's part, and not network lag.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Thats fine, its sort of a minor issue really. So what kind of settings should i b looking at with my spec? any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Tunez View Post
          Thats fine, its sort of a minor issue really. So what kind of settings should i b looking at with my spec? any idea?
          Can you elaborate a bit on what you're asking here?

Comment

My spec is E6600 @ stock, 3870xt, 4 gig ram, vista, 320gb hdd. What sort of settings and view distance should i be aiming for? i.e all very high with 2000 view distance, or 1500 vd and all high... etc

Comment

Go for a 3km view distance and adjust the rest of your settings to make that run smooth. I know nothing about ATI cards except not to buy them, so I'm not sure what setting will work for you.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

View distance in MP is set by server anyway, usually 1.2 Km for infantry (2km in Urban Engagements). Test that on your system with some tens of soldiers and you should get a decent start point.
                The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

dupe post.
                  The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X