Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kegetys ArmA Launcher and the beta patch(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegetys ArmA Launcher and the beta patch(s)

I have used Kegetys ArmA launcher (currently at v1.11) for well over a year now. I find it extremley useful for quickly disabling/activating any Mods, and for connecting straight to the TG Server from its main screen.

However, I could never get the damn thing to launch any of the beta patches - until now! So, if anyone else has struggled with this, then gave up in disgust (like me) here is how to do it. I hope at least one other person finds this tip useful (otherwise I will be the only numpty in here)!

Start the Launcher, and in the bottom window (where you select the .exe) click on "Change" and browse to your "beta - arma.exe" the path should look something like the following (assuming you have a default install to C:\)

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

Then select Options (Drop down menu) > Options. In the Additional parameters field (bottom left of the dialog box) add the following: -mod=beta -nosplash > OK (you can add your additional Mods here too if you prefer: ;@SIX_Pack1;@ArmAEffects etc).

Thats it, beta will start via the launcher. If you don't have the launcher and want to give it a try (recommended) you can get it via Kegetys website, or just click on ArmA Downloads in my Sig (it's on Downloads Page 2).
    sigpic
    | |
    TG ArmA Pathfinder
    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Re: Kegetys ArmA Launcher and the beta patch(s)

Nice. I actually struggled with this as well when the first patch was released, but my solution was different: I did use the beta EXE, but added "beta" as another custom mod I can check or uncheck. Arma Launcher has a built in option for skipping the splash screen, so additional parameters aren't needed.

Last edited by Shafik; 05-15-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Same here (beta as mod).
      The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
        Nice. I actually struggled with this as well when the first patch was released, but my solution was different:I did use the beta EXE, but added "beta" as another custom mod I can check or uncheck. Arma Launcher has a built in option for skipping the splash screen, so additional parameters aren't needed.

Wow Shafik lots of mods. What are AOR, FFAMM and Six Pack2 all about?

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

AOR is Ammo Object Replacement. It changes the default satchel models for gear and weapons into the correct 3d model. My original thread about this mod is here.

FFAMM is From'z Feeling Arma Melioration Mod, in my opinion the best sound mod.

SixPack2 is 6thSense.eu Pack2, which are several fixes to AI accuracy, weapon sway values and more.
          Last edited by Shafik; 05-15-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X