create PBO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create PBO

I installed cpbo for a certain PBO I had to screw around with. Now that I'm done, how can I get rid of the "create PBO" in my explorer shell / right click menu.

Re: create PBO

Good question! There doesn't seem to be an organic way to do it but I found a workaround. Do the following:

1. Open Explorer >Tools > Folder Options > File Types.
    2. Press the "New" button and create a new extension named PBO then click "OK" (will return you to File Types).
    3. With PBO highlighted in the registered file types list click "Delete" and the confirm in the popup box.
    4. Click close and the right-click a .pbo. You should no longer see extract

To return functionality just run CPBO again. BTW, the above method will NOT remove the "Create PBO" option from the right-click menu for folders (I'm still working that one).
    LoyalGuard

Comment

That's buried in the registry. Delete:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\create PBO
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\c reate PBO

That should do it.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

Why did it insert a space in my reference? When I edit the post to remove it, it's not there.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X