low fps? read my story...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low fps? read my story...

If you have a low end system, or for whatever reasons might get low fps while playing ArmA, you might want to try this...

Now I have a kickass system and got 40 to 60 fps before and even after the v1.14 patch... but then 2 days ago after playing a session of Warfare with TG, when I exited the game I got a memory dump and a boot to DOS, or whatever that is...

After a hard boot, I tried to play ArmA again and got a error message saying my 3D config file was missing, or something simular... I then went into my "my documents/ArmA folder" where it has 2 files and a couple of folders for missions and mpmissions, saves etc etc...

Well I knew that the 2 "files" (not folders) in there was my confiq files... can't recall the exact names, at work now, the files must of got corupt... magnum something and magnumconfiq something... so I deleted them both... started arma again, and no error, but then had to set my settings/options up again... everything maxed just like before...

So when I played again, I notice fps between 55 and 75... with the same max settings...

So after you patch, you might want to try it and see if you get a 10 plus fps boost also.

good luck.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: low fps? read my story...

interesting to note...I had that exact situation prior with a previous release. I'm curious to see if I get a gain.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Can you be more specific? Here's a screenshot of those folders....which folder and which files exactly?

Comment

and been verified to work for 4 members over at SimHQ, worth a try...

those 2 files...no folders.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

My folders are not laid out like that.

What are the FULL FILE NAMES you're deleting?

Comment

ArmA.cfg and Magnum.ArmAProfile (only 2 files in my folder.)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

When you delete your Magnum.ArmAProfile, do you have to re-map all your keys?

(sorry for all the questions)

Comment

yes
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

would you post the top part of your profile? The cfg may reoptimize everything, but the profile only has a little relevant information in it besides key/mouse/volume type settings.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

@Magnum,

Have you tried comparing the old .cfg file to the newly created to determine if there was an errant entry in the old .cfg?

What I have noticed about ARMA when patching, is that ARMA seems to stabilize after 2 or 3 restarts after patching. After the 3rd restart after patching, the game will generally run a bit more smoothly than before the patch.

I have also noticed that after patching, the game seems to run more smoothly with the latest vid card driver set. I'm still running the nVid 175.74 betas (XP version) and all seems well so far. I'll try updating my vid drivers in a few days to see if ARMA performance is enhanced.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this Magnum. I gave it a try and it does indeed work...at least for me. I can now play with decent framerates in the northern forests of Sahrani. Yea!!!

Good find.

Comment

I have an evga geforce 8800gt
                        athlon 64 x2 6000+
                        2gb dual channel ram

the game still kind of runs slow even not on medium settings...

Comment

I can't find my Magnum.ArmAProfile file... That's my problem..
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

- Goto My Documents
                            - Then Look For The Folder Called Arma
                            - Then In There There Should Be two files, one called ArmA and the other one with your profile name
                            - Open The One With Your Profile name and follow Magnum's directions :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X