Battle-eye (Sp)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle-eye (Sp)

Has anyone had any problems joining servers where they get a message "Battleye initialisation failure" and then being dumped back to the main servers listings.

I tried to join a couple of servers last night before TG servers got active and got the above message. I installed Battleye when I installed the game and haven't had any bother up to now although I do tend to play on TG in the main. When I look in the ArmA folders I don't see any Battleye folders (not sure if that's where they would be). Any ideas? I don't appear to have any option to uninstall/install Battleye separately and don't really want to reinstall the game just so I can check if Battleye will install.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Re: Battle-eye (Sp)

I think my battle-eye was installed with a beta patch, 1.09 or 1.12, i dont really remember.
    But it didnt came with the vanilla ArmA that's for sure.

Edit: I have a folder with BattlEye inside my ArmA directorie, and the option to uninstall it in the control pannel, maybe you didn't install it......
    Last edited by Jorge.PT; 07-09-2008, 08:21 AM. Reason: more information
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
      I think my battle-eye was installed with a beta patch, 1.09 or 1.12, i dont really remember.
      But it didnt came with the vanilla ArmA that's for sure.
      Hmmm interesting. I have the Gold Edition of the game and I was prompted to install battleye when installing the game which I did. I'm wondering if I did something with battleye when I removed the 1.12 beta patch?

Comment

I think you can get it from here: http://www.battleye.com/
        Last edited by Jorge.PT; 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM. Reason: i'm now 15 posts! adding full link
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Thanks. I'll try it out when I get in from work.

Cheers

Comment

Ok at the risk of sounding like a complete beginner where is this battleye folder and file supposed to be. I've checked the above site downloaded the file but the specified path as stated just doesn't exist on my set-up and I've got Arma in it's default location.

Where is this folder and file?

Comment

Just to point something out here, TG is not using BattleEye. There are other methods of detecting cheating, that does not cause your game to come to a screeching halt. BattleEye supposedly works well, but the drain on the server does not constitute usage of it. Plus cheating is not a too common occurrence with ArmA, it simply attracts a different kind of crowd.

Now if you want to install it, it will simply reside in the "C:\Arma\" or "C:Program Files\Arma\" , all depending on your install directory. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have to install it in your command launch string too.?
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

[QUOTE=TheBigC;1033141]Just to point something out here, TG is not using BattleEye. [QUOTE]

Yeah I know TG don't use BattlEye. Many other servers don't use it either, it's just a little annoying to go all the way through the joinging process, download mission, select role, etc and then end up in the lobby. I suppose the easy option is to just play the TG servers ;-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X