Question about AI , pings and squads.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about AI , pings and squads.

As you can see from this and other questions asked I am indeed a rank n00b. :o

I’ve played around for a few minutes off and on online on empty servers trying to tweak and get the hang of the game, as well as playing quit a few SP sessions. ( Don’t laugh at the bots..they CAN be quit a handful , especially for a new player. )

On a side note: one thing I’ve discovered is that the bots seem to be reasonably attentive and obey IF you manage them, keep them in line and keep pumping orders to them , rather than leaving them on their own to make their own decisions. Kinda like being a SL in real life eh!! :icon19:

Facts are that my ping is usually in the 120 – >200ms range, making hitting targets moving laterally to my position quit difficult in small arms engagements. Hard enough in SP as it is.

Question is, in a game where I assume live players create squads padded with AI, do the AI suffer the indignities of their “owners” connection or are they created on the server, thus enjoying the infamous 0-5ms ping and “hosting” everyone?

Damn gotta get this thing online..... :row__630:

Txs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Question about AI , pings and squads.

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
    As you can see from this and other questions asked I am indeed a rank n00b. :o

I’ve played around for a few minutes off and on online on empty servers trying to tweak and get the hang of the game, as well as playing quit a few SP sessions. ( Don’t laugh at the bots..they CAN be quit a handful , especially for a new player. )

On a side note: one thing I’ve discovered is that the bots seem to be reasonably attentive and obey IF you manage them, keep them in line and keep pumping orders to them , rather than leaving them on their own to make their own decisions. Kinda like being a SL in real life eh!! :icon19:

Facts are that my ping is usually in the 120 – >200ms range, making hitting targets moving laterally to my position quit difficult in small arms engagements. Hard enough in SP as it is.

Question is, in a game where I assume live players create squads padded with AI, do the AI suffer the indignities of their “owners” connection or are they created on the server, thus enjoying the infamous 0-5ms ping and “hosting” everyone?

Damn gotta get this thing online..... :row__630:

Txs
    AI under a players control are processed on the players machine, so I would expect that they would "suffer" the same in terms of how fast their position is updated from the other player -> to the server -> to your machine.

Not sure about actually shooting and hit detection though. It would strongly depend on how and where it's calculated (server vs. client machines).

Comment

Re: Question about AI , pings and squads.

OK txs..clears that up too... :D
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X