Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance expectations on this system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance expectations on this system?

Hey fellas!

I recently upgraded my old system [2.8gHz P4 + x800xt] to a AthlonX2 5000+ (@3.1GHz) and an x1950xt (both have/had 2GB DDR2-800 RAM).

I'm just curious if anyone has a similar system and/or what kind of performance I might expect?

-Whiskey

Re: Performance expectations on this system?

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    Hey fellas!

I recently upgraded my old system [2.8gHz P4 + x800xt] to a AthlonX2 5000+ (@3.1GHz) and an x1950xt (both have/had 2GB DDR2-800 RAM).

I'm just curious if anyone has a similar system and/or what kind of performance I might expect?

-Whiskey
    I thought you owned this already? Install it up and take it for a spin :)

You'll get good performance on normal-high settings.

Comment

Yeah I do - it's just been uninstalled for a while. My work schedule changed and with the Evolution mission being removed, my ArmA time became non-existent [just didn't have time to wait for enough people to start a mission, then load the mission, then die then wait a long time]..

ANYWAY - I'd love to get back into it and checkout the game with VOIP... so I just curious what reasonable performance expectations might be. Previously I was getting < 20fps with just about everything on min (no shadows, etc), and 1024x768.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        Yeah I do - it's just been uninstalled for a while. My work schedule changed and with the Evolution mission being removed, my ArmA time became non-existent [just didn't have time to wait for enough people to start a mission, then load the mission, then die then wait a long time]..

ANYWAY - I'd love to get back into it and checkout the game with VOIP... so I just curious what reasonable performance expectations might be. Previously I was getting < 20fps with just about everything on min (no shadows, etc), and 1024x768.
        Well, I don't have that video card, but the latest patch really boosted performance. I'd be surprised if you were getting less than 20 fps on normal-high settings (but I'm prepared to be corrected :D ) BTW, you'll have to patch to 1.06 -> 1.08 -> 1.14 in that order.

VOIP, especially direct chat is bloody awesome, and really adds an incredible dimension to the game. Also, TG is currently running Domination, which is an Evoesque mission (respawn, persistent, etc) that's running, so it's fairly easy to jump on for a short spin.

Comment

Doom episode I will run at 4000fps.
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
            Doom episode I will run at 4000fps.
            <squints>

no way... there's no way that's 4000 fps...

<squints more>

nah.. I can tell.. that's 2500.. MAX

Comment

Whiskey, I didn't know you played ARMA. Looking forward to bumping into you in game for once, instead of just on the forums.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X