ARMA Crashing problem? Anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA Crashing problem? Anyone else?

So recently I have been having ARMA crash on me in the middle of a mission. When it does, the screen kind of flickers a bit, and may have a little bit of the screen still showing, usually in a band, and then the screens go black (I run dual monitor). It has done this like 30 times, causing me to hard crash my system because nothing responds. Twice it has actually done it and after about 20 sec. it crashed and returned me to desktop with an error saying Nvidia was to blame and it recovered itself.

So yesterday on comms I heard someone mention they had the same thing happening, and I just got a PM from Warlab saying it keeps happening to him (he didn't know I was having the same problem.)

So my question is, anybody else having this problem? I am using the next to newest GPU drivers, and I am going to update to the newest ones today, but I know Warlab is using them already, so I don't think that is the problem.

The fact that it happens after a good while of gaming would lead me to think maybe heat is the problem.

Anybody else?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ARMA Crashing problem? Anyone else?

I downloaded new Videa drivers a few weeks ago as i realised i had not done it in a while! Went from never crashing to crashing a few times a night. Screen goes all gree and pixelly, and totally locks up, resulting in my having to also restart......starting to look like a dodgy driver.......

Comment

Yes I am having the problem .... BIG TIME !!

On my old system ARMA ran great, but here I am tweaking this new PC and no matter what I try I can't figure out how to stop this ARMA crashing that started at the same time as my new system was built.

I had done a bunch of reaserch last night that pointed me to some issues with my new 9600GT, but now... hmm... is it the latest drivers ??? In the stuff I found about my 9600 and crashes, alot of ppl said they reverted back to an earlier driver than the one they are experiencing the problem with and it didnt fix it.

I believe Bam, you and Jeepo dont have a 9600GT, have you tried reverting back to your last Nvidia driver ??

|

Comment

I have a 8800gts, but I have not tried to revert yet, I guess that's to be my next step when I get home!!! Hate all this stuff, lol, why can't it just work!

Comment

I had it crash on me as well but it just dumped me to desktop and said it encountered an error.
          "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

i'm running an Nvidea 8800GTS 320MB with driver: 6.14.11.6375 , and am not experiencing any problems, if thats any help?
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

That was the driver i was running and it was fine, but since i updated it i have had these problems! Guess thats it anyway!

Comment

revert back to it and see what it does...

guess i won't be updating my drivers anytime soon then :p
                sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

I have a 8800GTX with 6.14.11.6921 (old driver :) ) and still have the same problem. Everything locks up. It happend once while NOT in game. Was about to join server 2 after resetting the PC.
                  So maybe the problem is not the drivers, but something related to heat.

Comment

Never had a single problem with ArmA.
                    Friday i've updated my Nvidia drivers (first time since i got this laptop)
                    and now each 10 mins or so my screen turns black with "receiving" in the lower left corner...

It was doing it before but like...once each hours...now its getting really annoying (especially when flying). But my game havent hard crashed on me yet.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

My game crashes once in a blue moon. I'm running a 8800GT with driver 169.21 !
                      I don't think it's a heat issue. When I start playing my FPS are around 60. After a few hours my FPS will go down to 10 - 20. Also, the rendering will take longer.
                      I think it is the memory of the card. It just get's clogged and is not clearing it self.

Was there not a command to drain the memory of the video card ?
                      Shift + "F" or something?

Comment

To clear the memory, you hold left shift key and hit the minus sign on the number keypad. Then type the word "flush", and you will see a little message come up.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It could perhaps have to do with your operating system if you have vista and you dont run ArmA as admin you will end up crashing
                          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Does anybody run an ATI card and have ARMA crash on them ?
                            I wonder if the video flush can prevent a crash ?

|

Comment

Warlab, the video flush does not work. I saw another guy posting it didn't work for him in that link you sent me, and I tried it a bunch of times as well, and still crashed.

Just took my computer apart and cleaned it all out to see if that helps. I actually crashed in PR last night and then again while just using firefox, but it looked and acted just like the ARMA crash.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X