This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of TG tags in ArmA

There seems to be some confusion of the use of the TG tag of late here on the ArmA servers. You may see players on the servers using the "TG" tag in their name when they play on the server. After playing here a bit, some players want to show their dedication to the community. That is fine, but there needs to be some clarification made prior to any use of the |TG| tag and any variation of it.

Some of the questions are “can I wear it?” “Do I have to be a Supporting Member (SM)?” “Can I wear it all the time?”

The answer all that is not that tricky, but it does have some understanding involved.

I will break it down so it is easy understood and can be applied here:

1. Can I wear it? Yes. As long as you have read the appropriate SOPs & the TG Primer and act accordingly. They are our community’s guidelines on things like conduct and standards of play. You must adhere to all the rules and if at some point you do not conduct yourself in an appropriate manner, you will be removed from the server and asked to take off you tag. Failure to comply will result in a instant ban and is not debatable.

2. Do I have to be a Supporting Member? No. Anyone can wear the |TG| tag in their player name as long as the conditions in question #1 have been met. However, to have the variation of a TG tag to represent you are a supporting member, you must be one! For being a SM you may the |TG-SM| tag in your player name.

3. Can I wear it externally? Yes, but on the condition that while you wear it, you wear it with pride and adhere to the utmost impeccable conduct that we see here on TG. You are representing us outside this server and any reports of TG members acting like clowns on other servers while wearing the tag will result in a forced removal of your tag while playing here.

4. There are very strict guidelines on variations of tag usage here at TG ArmA. They are in line with other games here so none of this should be a shock to you. There is very limited leeway on how the TG tag can be utilized as far as representation. You may wear TG as follows “|TG|”,” TG”, “-TG-“ and that is it!! There are no authorized variations allowed unless you are either an Admin or in a recognized In House Squad (IHS). The admin one is self explanatory. The IHS ones are determined by the Squad leader as designated by the TG Administration, not TG ArmA. Each IHS is responsible for policing any violations of misuse of their tag on active members. They may report the violations to me for players to be removed if there is any discrepancy. An example of an IHS in use would be |TG-X|, this would represent any active player in the 10th Tactical Guard; again protocol is determined by their leadership. It is also worn at the begining of your name.

6. Can I be put on the ArmA General Squad Logo page and wear the images in game? Yes and yes. As long as you follow the directions in the following thread, you can be placed on there. Failure to comply with question # 1 will result in a removal. To add to this, if you have the squad logo setup correctly, you do not need to wear the TG tag, it will be a automatic thing since it is web based. It will actually be redundant. You will show have having something like “|TG| The Big C |TG-Admin|”. Like I said it adds it automatically so it will only duplicate any input you did on your profile screen. Plus it looks stupid in your name twice.

Now that everything has been laid out in a simple manner, there should be no misunderstanding as to the tag usage. The tag usage will be monitored and enforced, so don’t get caught in the wrong.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Use of TG tags in ArmA

As of this point forward, the proper use of tags will be enforced. Any gamer in violation of the guidance given above will be removed from the servers. This is not indented to quell any enthusiasm or spirit for Tactical Gamer, but to simple come in line with other games here at TG.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Re: Use of TG tags in ArmA

*Bump*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse