Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating From ArmA Gold

Greetings,

I have read related threads but am still confused and, literally, disconnected.

Having purchased ArmA Gold (Atari) I applied the "ARMA International Update ver. 1.14" (as per instructions at http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_update.html).

This leaves me with version 1.14.5256

I am still getting the ""Bad version. Server rejected connection" from server #2 (64.34.178.169:2312).

Not sure what next to do -- any hints?
    sigpic

Re: Updating From ArmA Gold

Disable Queen's Gambit. Remove the DBE1 folder from your addons and you should be able to join no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
      Disable Queen's Gambit. Remove the DBE1 folder from your addons and you should be able to join no problem.
      I have removed the DBE1 folder, no change -- problem remains.

In the ADDONS folder there are files with DBE1 in them such as "hotfix_dbe1.pbo" -- do these need to be deleted as well?

Again, my current ArmA version is 1.14.5256

Thank you,
      sigpic

Comment

Would this be of any help ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
          Negative. There is no "beta" in my executable command line (just "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe").

The problem remains (note, correction on my version # -- 1.14.0.5256).

EDIT: I noticed that the TG server #2 has a RED X beside it on the left hand side of the ArmA login screen. Not sure what this means.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, using the patch provided by TG -- the problem still remains "Bad version..." -- sigh.

Thanks again,
          Last edited by E-Male; 08-26-2008, 09:44 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post

(note, correction on my version # -- 1.14.0.5256).

My version : 1.14.5256.

This might be the problem. Puzzling to say the least.

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
            EDIT: I noticed that the TG server #2 has a RED X beside it on the left hand side of the ArmA login screen. Not sure what this means.
            server 2 does not allow any client side mods. I think the red X means you have a client side mod. See here.

DB
            Last edited by Dick Blonov; 08-26-2008, 10:57 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Also I seem to remember you need to start the game from the right icon if you're using it off the desktop.

Ie you're not using an old icon to fire the game up are you as this would point it at the older version???
              "I like a man who grins when he fights"
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

DB try running ArmA through Keygetys launchers (available HERE).

When installed go to Options > Mods and type DBE1. DBE1 should now appear on the launcher dialog box (in the Mods list). Untick DBE1 - Hopefully ArmA should run without QG executing.
                sigpic
                | |
                TG ArmA Pathfinder
                One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
                  E-Male try running ArmA through Keygetys launchers (available HERE).

When installed go to Options > Mods and type DBE1. DBE1 should now appear on the launcher dialog box (in the Mods list). Untick DBE1 - Hopefully ArmA should run without QG executing.

Fixed it for ya ;)

DB

| |

Comment

NOTE: Problem is now solved -- seems to be related to the presence of the ArmA launcher -- will report details shortly.

Thank you for all the help with this noodle,
                    Last edited by E-Male; 08-27-2008, 09:26 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      Also I seem to remember you need to start the game from the right icon if you're using it off the desktop.

Ie you're not using an old icon to fire the game up are you as this would point it at the older version???
                      Barnaby's earlier comment (above) is indeed the solution. The launch icon created by the program install is the source of the problem.

The TG server rejects login if one uses the desktop icon that is created by ArmA upon install. If one uses the arma.exe file in the ArmA folder, or creates a shortcut to arma.exe, then there is no problem logging into the TG server.

What a noodle.

NOTE: Perhaps a sticky is in order regarding the use of the start-game icon created by the install program vs creating a shortcut to arma.exe.

Anyway, I'll see you in-game tonight.

Thanks again,
                      sigpic

Comment

Good news....I'll be on around 7 est.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect