New Key Settings Ingame Voice Channels Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Key Settings Ingame Voice Channels Needed

I need a one-key-per-channel fix to the ingame voice channels (such as group, vehicle, side...).

Pressing the "." (period) key to cycle through channels is inefficient. Has anyone reset this "." key so there is one key per channel?

Also, my current talk button is caps-lock (the default key). I would like to change this to another key for easier access while driving (I am finding it hard to execute the talk button while driving). Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    sigpic

Re: New Key Settings Ingame Voice Channels Needed

I agree, i recently changed my key set up.
    B is used for squad chat
    SPACE is for side channel
    Mouse 5 is for direct, very handy, just push my thumb...
    Have not set up a vehicle channel as yet, but i may do that as i seem to be needing it more and more. The only prob with certain keys such as SPACE is that when i open map, it cuts out, but CAPS doesn't, any one got any ideas how to stop that?

Comment

I'm still going with mostly default layouts and fumbling in game. I've got change weapons assigned to the thumb button on my mouse. If I had a second thumb button I'd assign it to change comm channel.

I remember alot of talk about that nostromo (sp?) game controllor...that offered many many key assignment options...Does ArmA support that? anyone know?
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Using the Talk on (Channel) keys is much better IMO.

I have it set to this:

Direct - Mouse Button 3 (thumb button)
        Vehicle - Numpad enter, rebound 3rd person to Numpad /
        Group - Middle Mouse button
        Side - Left Windows key

Works quite well .. don't have to cycle channels and I almost never transmit on a wrong channel.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
          Using the Talk on (Channel) keys is much better IMO.

I have it set to this:

Direct - Mouse Button 3 (thumb button)
          Vehicle - Numpad enter, rebound 3rd person to Numpad /
          Group - Middle Mouse button
          Side - Left Windows key

Works quite well .. don't have to cycle channels and I almost never transmit on a wrong channel.
          Agreed. This really is the best way to go.

Mine are:

z = Direct
          x = Side
          v = Group
          Dizlor

Comment

I am using Uberoptions to change all the buttons my mouse are set to. It's a great program if you have a logitech mouse/keyboard. I even have a tortorial video is you want so you can see how to set up the mouse so buttons change as soon as you load up a game, and then return to default when you quit. I even have a setup just for Firefox, and it is super easy to do.

This is from an old post, and since then I have changed it so that my back thumb button is voice comms (caplock), and the forward thumb button is change channel. That way my fingers never have to leave the left side of the keyboard very often.

I do like the idea of using the direct talk set to a certain button mentioned above, so I am going to set it to that unused button now. Great idea!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
              I remember alot of talk about that nostromo (sp?) game controllor...that offered many many key assignment options...Does ArmA support that? anyone know?
              I use my Nostromo for all my essential keys that I need for movement and combat. I still do a lot of back and forth from the Speedpad to the Keyboard though.
              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X