In ear radio comms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In ear radio comms

Right ho! To put it simple I have multiple outputs for my speakers but since i only use a pair of lovely old Active speakers I have many spare slots. I needed a mic and it so turned out that there was a mic attached to this one headphone ear piece that came with a camera (obviously for confrencing or cyber sex i dunno). Anyway I was wondering if something could ever be come up with so that all my radio comms came in through that ear piece and all other sounds came through my speakers? Just a random thought that would be cool if it worked. Alex
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: In ear radio comms

I don't think it can be done Alex. How would you seperate the voice comms into a seperate channel? You might be able to rig something with 5.1 but it'd be pretty crap.
    Jex.

Comment

I know, it would sort of be like surrond sound Just with three speakers. Im a foolish dreamer, but someone has to do it. Once I have finished my masters i will get to work sorting out this problem. Haha. Alex
      Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

From my attempts to get my old X-Fi card to work ...

ArmA VON is considered a "Wave" sound (as opposed to Direct), so, if you could output only wave to your headphones, and disable it from your speakers, you would have the effect.

Though "Wave" might be used for other things, so it might really mess it up.

Comment

Well, I have a bluetooth headset which you can set in, say, TS to be the output, and the speakers be the games output, same effect. As for the in-game comms, I always thoguth they are compiled into one output. But the fact BIS implemented it into the engine at a late date, it's possible that it could (emphasise "could") be a seperate thing altogether.

Comment

Beta has the right idea: VON is wave-output audio, while the in-game sound is constructed over EAX and direct-line. You should be able to direct output if you're using a USB headset, or if you've got a good soundcard to handle the back-end.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X