ATI Catalyst 8.9 issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 8.9 issues.

This is more of a warning then a request for help.

I have just bought a 4870 and have been having some issues with it in Arma. After messing around with drivers I have found that either the version/download of 8.9 that I have causes sevear non-temperature related artifacts in helicopters and subsiquent BSOD's.

I have tried out 8.8 briefly and found no issues.

You have been warned. :row__593:

Re: ATI Catalyst 8.9 issues.

I'm happily using a 4870 and 8.9 with no issues whatsoever. I'd suggest a fresh, clean install of the new Catalysts.

Comment

That did occur to me after I posted that perhaps I had a bad download. I did find one other instance of someone who had the same problem as me though he also said 8.8 did the same. I played for two hours last night on 8.8 (running one stick of ram, another story for another day) and had no problems.

Comment

I have had no issues, but I have played for less than a few hours total..and I have the 8.9 loaded..

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
          I have had no issues, but I have played for less than a few hours total..and I have the 8.9 loaded..

It must be either the version I downloaded or my system. One thing I noted was that I had no problems at all into I jumped into a UH60, then stuff went crazy.

Comment

Problems replicated, Long Bow. Although the UH60 worked fine, stepping into an Mi-17 caused massive artifacting before crash to desktop. Definitely rolling back!

Comment

I have used 8.8 without issue so far, which is probably 20-30 hours of game time?

Comment

8.10 is up today. I'm getting 403 access errors when trying to download, so I'll try later today and see how they do.
                EDIT: Problem was with Firefox, although I don't know why. Chrome worked fine!

Comment

I tried out 8.10 for about an hour (not at home this weekend to really try it). So far I have had no issues with it in ArmA! Secondly it seems to be less jittery. Before I would get decent fps but the game still felt choppy, 8.10 feels less choppy IMO.

Comment

Ye I am still running 8.8 and no real problems.Had a few coloured lines stripes forming across my screen and 2-5 secs its gone again.

Downloading the new drivers now.Hopefully it will make her happy!:row__637:
                    |TG| Eugene
                    sigpic
                    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

8.10 is confirmed borked with 4870 + ArmA.

Comment

Yep 8.10 is not the driver to have if you wanna play Arma.Going back to 8.8 .Now I must go back and tell her(4870) to putt her old dress on again.:row__583:
                        |TG| Eugene
                        sigpic
                        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Are any of you using Vista? I'm on XP and have had no problems in ArmA with 8.10

I don't use vehicles often so perhaps I just haven't seen an error.. yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                            Are any of you using Vista? I'm on XP and have had no problems in ArmA with 8.10

I don't use vehicles often so perhaps I just haven't seen an error.. yet?

I am using XP.Had the same problem with Brothers in arms also.I am just curious if the version of software is not causing problems?Not the driver version.

I am also using RivaTuner v2.11 to keep the heat down on my card.

So what is your setup Longbow?Your setup within Arma.And Catalyst Control Centre software version?
                            |TG| Eugene
                            sigpic

Comment

I have Riva Tuner and 8.10 with the newest CCC. I use Riva for the temps. Oh and Im on XP. I use ArmA for all in game settings, I don't force anything but edge detect AA in CCC and use Riva for the fans.

Brothers in Arms gives me BSOD on the level at night with the rain but no other level. ArmA works fine for me with 8.10 but I haven't been playing as much lately. I never did try 8.8 in BIA though, so perhaps I need to?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X