New virus on the lose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New virus on the lose

Just to let everyone know a new virus is on the lose it has been described as the most destructive virus ever by CNN it is called postcard from hallmark***PLEASE DONT NOT OPEN ANY FILE CALLED POSTCARD NO MATTER WHO IT IS FROM***the virus destroys the 0 sector of the harddrive and has no known anti virus program,just thought you ought to know:D
    WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Re: New virus on the lose

It's true and false at the same time - go figger.

Urban Legend and Snopes both note the discrepancy and report it a Hoax at one site and a True at another.

Still common practice should dictate that you don't open e-mail attachments you are not expecting.

Snopes goes a little further to qualify their 'true' designation.
    It is also not a 'new' virus or unique method of social engineering delivery - I believe this 'Hallmark card' thing was first reported in 2000, I also seem to recall CNN reporting it as the 'Worst Virus Ever' at that time as well.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

BTW - why IS this in this forum?
    sigpic

Comment

its in the forum to give everyone a heads up just thought you might want to know
      WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

I think the first time you posted it, it was mentioned to move it to the hardware/software forum. That meant the hardware/software forum in the general forums since this isn't ArmA related in a general or technical support kind of way.

There are other players that could use this information other than ArmA players. ;)

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X