Gforce 9800 gtx power issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gforce 9800 gtx power issues

I got one the other day to replace my burned out 7800 problem is I only have enough connections for one 6 pin connector and it looks like I need two but I do not have any more free 4 pin molex cables left and there isn't any 6 pin connectors that come from the power supply. So am I basically not gonna be able to run it with out getting a new power supply?
    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Re: Gforce 9800 gtx power issues

Probably. If it's like my 8800 gtx it needs a lot of power to run properly. It couldn't hurt to get a new power supply, they're not all that expensive (100 or less) for a decent one

Comment

This belongs in the General Hardware/Software forum.

You'll have to check the amps required for the card and see if your PSU provides it on the 12V line. Then you can get a power cable splitter for your current 6 pin connection or an adapter so you can hook it up to the card. Although, it's likely your PSU may not be sufficient and you have to get a new one.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Go to best buy and grab the 600w power supply by bfg, great buy, I had to do the same when i got a new graphix card.

Comment

thanks got one and works great now I don't have a ton of cables going everywhere now :)
          "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X