Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem with the ACE mod

Hey all

Alrighty, I've installed everything properly from what I can tell and I changed the path on the shortcut as Jorge suggested. When I start up the ACE beta mod, it works, but I can't find the Afghan map so I can go in and check it out. Please bear with me as I'm extremely new to this and not particularly literate outside of frontpage, illustrator, and photoshop. Any help would be really appreciated. I really want to get going on this game :)

Thanks!

shik
    Looking for realism in all the right places :p

Re: A problem with the ACE mod

Afghan Village and Avgani aren't included in ACE, but can be downloaded from here. In addition you will need ACE-Islands 1.00 (found here)

Install ACE-Islands, and then unpack Avgani + Afghan Village either into @ACE\AddOns or into a separate folder. The best solution would in my eyes to create an addon folder of its own for these islands (if you want to play with them outside of ACE).

Create a folder called "@OPX" or something (OPX for Opteryx, who created the maps), create a folder called "AddOns" in that, and unpack the download in there.

Lastly change the 'Target' line of your "Play ArmA (Beta) With ACEMod" shortcut (or make a new one for use with TacticalGamer) to end with:
    -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@OPX

Comment

I was having the same problem until I made a new addon folder

Comment

I believe I installed Avgani + Afghan Village then ACE-Islands. Did that screw something up and if so, how would I go about fixing that? I'm dying to get into the islands and village and I appreciate your assistance :)

shik
        Looking for realism in all the right places :p

Comment

I have mine set up just like Inkompetent. Here's a picture of what I have:

Notice that I have @OPX\Addons\(all the PBO/BISIGN files). No folders in \Addons save the mlods folder.

If you choose to follow Jorge's posted instructions, the only difference will be the main folder will read @afghan_avgani rather then @OPX.

Double-check your command line: it should appear like Inkompetent's post. Verify spelling of the @XX lines; it's happened to several folks already. The order in the command line after -mod= shouldn't matter.

If all else fails, be sure to be in TS when you try to log in, and I'm sure whoever is in the ArmA channel will help out.

-BoD
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse