Creating an Evo server for Arma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating an Evo server for Arma

I'm going to start up an Arma Evo server to test some stuff out. Are there any tricks that I need to know to get it running?

Re: Creating an Evo server for Arma

I'm using this tool for testing my missions if they work at a dedicated server (some scripts and stuff won't work if client acts as a server):

It's pretty easy to setup and gets the job done. If you want to start it with the beta patch, rename the server exe file in the ArmA main folder and copy the one in the beta folder into it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3435

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
    Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

I tried installing Arma on an old 1 ghz box I had lying around. No go.. I got everything installed, but Arma won't run at all.. I assume it's some sort of hardware detection on startup.

The other thing I had some difficulty figuring out: I copied the Evo mission .pbos to the missions folder.

How do I add the missions to the server? I've tried to add the EvoBlue2 mission, but I have no idea if I did it right and I haven't seen any solid examples of adding Evo missions to the server config files.

Any help?

Thanks

Comment

If you use the tool I posted, just hit missions/mods, then insert and copy the name of the mission file into it, delete the pbo extension, hit OK (same for the parameters), start the server and you are good to go.

You won't have to worry about configs if you use the tool, but it will create a server.cfg with the settings one provided.

e.g.:

password="acd21";
        passwordAdmin="acd21";
        reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";
        maxPlayers=1;
        hostname="Test123";
        motd[]=
        {
        "Demo Message of the day",
        "Please visit armatechsquad.com",
        "Created by ArMaTeC",
        };
        voteMissionPlayers=3;
        motdInterval=1;
        voteThreshold=0.33;
        persistent=1;
        BattlEye=0;
        logFile="logfile.txt";
        MaxCustomFileSize=350000;
        onUserConnected="server globalChat format['Player %1 is joining the mission.', (_this select 0)]";
        voiceport=2303;
        class Missions
        {
        class Mission0
        {
        template=CO33_ACE_BlackHawkDown_1_1d.avgani;
        param1=0;
        param2=0;
        cadetMode=0;
        };
        };

Comment

Thanks Skychief,

I used that tool. I did just copy the mission file name and "insert" it. I guess I just have to find a box that runs Arma.

What about the params? Any way to find out what they are?

Thanks,

Comment

No problem :)

Yep you can find them out if you de-pbo a file (or just use pbo view: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1435 ) and open up the description.ext of a mission, where it might e.g. say this:

titleParam2 = "Viewdistance";
            valuesParam2[] = {1, 2,3};
            defValueParam2 = 2;
            textsParam2[] = {"1000m", "2000m","3000m"};

defValueParam2 defines the default parameter set by the mission, so you can override it using the parameters settings in the server tool.

Comment

Once again Skychief, Thanks for the help!

I managed to get a server up and running last night. My 2 ghz Celeron Laptop is probably bare minimum though. It would take about 10 minutes to join the server and the game lagged noticably during that time.

Any idea if having the evo missions installed on the client will help?

I'm getting constant errors from the armatech server tool for the "live update." Any way to stop this?

I could swear I have the latest version of Evo, but there are other servers that have some tweaks to the mission. How can I unlock the vehicles or allow paradrop from the flagpole?

At the bare minimum I'd like to unlock the MHQ so anyone can move it up.

Thanks,

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X