Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE missing model message

Hey guys,
    in anticipation of today's co-op event (Sun Mar 22), I patched ACE with 1.05 then 1.06.
    When I started the game, using the following:

C:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani

I got a Windows alert-type message, saying
    Addon 'ace_config_weapon' required addon 'ace_model_infantry_weapons_javelin'

Then the game started. After joining a team and downloading the mission file, my screen was black, except for my hud elements. When I looked around, I would get player names showing up, like I was looking at them, but that's it, except for a message saying I needed to disconnect and re-run with the following addons:
    ACE_MODEL_INFANTRY_WEAPONS_JAVELIN
    SPON_CORE
    SPON_RANGEFINDER

I finally exited, then ran the ACE uninstall, and reinstalled 1.00, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.06.
    I am getting the same initial error but didn't want to attempt to troubleshoot further while everyone else was playing the mission.

I guess I could try uninstalling ACE, then patching up to 1.04 like it was when it last worked.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks, and I'm sorry I didn't get to play in today's event.

Seeken
    Seeken

Re: ACE missing model message

Just looking at it quicky. It seems that your ACE addon/patching didnt work correctly.
    Why don't you try to download the full version of the recent ACE version and install again.
    That error message is pretty much straight forward. I mean, basically you'd need those three addons in the correct ACE addon subfolder.

Let us know if that worked for you.
    Also, try to shortcut instead of "-mod=";

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@Afghan;@Avgani -nosplash

(obviously the path & folder names will be different to mine, but you get the idea.)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I tried downloading ACE again (is there a 1.05 or 1.06 'full', or do they just come in the 'update' versions?), and reinstalling, and some other file was missing this time.
      So... I'm going to reinstall ArmA, with patches, ACE, ACE-Islands, and Avgani-Afghan Village, all from scratch tonight or tomorrow night, and hopefully that sorts out my ArmA issues ;)

Thanks LowSpeed for the guidance, and I appreciate the advice regarding tweaking my shortcut!
      Seeken

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...s-running.html

For TG Addon download links.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Just remember the TG ACE1.03 download is the patch, even though it says full version in the link.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

I finally managed to get things sorted by installing 1.05 full then patching to 1.06 ACE.

I guess my computer didn't like something in the 1.02 install, which seemed to be causing the problem.

Anyway, a little digging and I found the link to the full 1.05 here:
            http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...5_Release_1.05
            as linked to from:
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...eleased-4.html

Glad to be back, and in time for last Sunday's event!

Seeken
            Seeken

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...