Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd server activity, server #2

Hello,
    I was voted admin on server #2 and wsa trying to change maps. I changed it to any avgani map and it ALWAYS showed up as gunship heros, on afgan it was domination. The only map that worked was Sara. All of the custom maps showed up as domination.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: Odd server activity, server #2

Domination is probably some sort of default map, so that's why it threw you back to it when there was a problem. There was indeed some kind of problem with the ACEIP maps earlier today: It would default to "Blackhawk Down" on Avgani when trying to pick a mission on any ACE-island. Avgani worked just fine, and we didn't try Afghan village while I was on.

edit: Ah I just noticed you've upgraded to the newest ACEIP. Could this problem have been caused by the admin having the wrong version of the pack?
    Last edited by Fincuan; 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yah, there's definitely somthing wrong with server#2. I tried to run some of the Avgani, Afghan Village, and ACE Gaia missions, and it kept going back to Black Hawk Down. Plus I'm running the old ACE Islands pack. I just PMed Jeepo about it, he restarted the server, but the problem still seems to show up. I suspect it might have something to do with that server hacker that was on last night (the guy who spawned zombies with miniguns and stuff).

Comment

Yep this seems weird, I just tried selecting missions with 1.12 (newest pack) and some older ace islands pack, but couldn't select an ace island mission with either.

My guess is that it might have something do with the userconfig folder in arma/dta/userconfig, in older versions of the ace islands that's the folder where config files would be stored, but in newer versions it's just ArmA/userconfig and I remember having problems with switching back at my dedi test server when I still had the userconfig folder and using newer versions.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
        Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

The issue is resolved. Get back on the server and try it out.....
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X