Can't Connect to the server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Connect to the server?

I believe i have all the mods and patches, and i see the 2nd server with a green dot by it. Yet whenever i try to connect, it stays at "waiting for host" and then the lobby pops up quickly and then it kicks me back to the server selection. any tips please?

Re: Can't Connect to the server?

I had the same problem not long ago, are you sure you are up to date with all of the addons? if so, it's probably a bad install somewhere. When you installed Afghan_Avgani addon, did you just extract it to the folder or only moved the *.PBO and *.BISING files?

Comment

It looks like you have the loaded required MODs running (from looking at the server). The only thing I cannot tell is how you have the Avgani MOD installed. Is there any way you can take a screen shot of the "OPX" folder and post it up? There have been people that have not had it laid out properly and did cause the exact issue you are reporting.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Yep that might be worth a check, a common mistake is putting the required addons e.g. into ArmA/@OPX and not ArmA/@OPX/Addons.

Skychief/Icewind.123/Icewindo
        Stargate Mod / Random stuff

Comment

I'm glad you got this figured out 'mee' had a great game of bhd with you...
          Less than 12 people online and only one survivor died (and I don't think we had any kia on blufor), it was the first time I've lived longer than 5 minutes in that mission.

Cheers
          Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
          It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

Oh yeah, so after waiting a few hours, I was able to connect to the server, and after a round, i found out that this occurs when the afghani map comes on. Otherwise i seem to be alright. and yeah that was a fun round ;D

Here is the picture of my OPX folder [media]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6109/mymods.jpg[/media]

Comment

The folder structure looks correct. You can btw delete the mLODs-folder and OPX.bikey-file. They're not needed.

What does your Arma shortcut's command line look like then?

Comment

My ArmA shortcut (the one that says Play ArmA (Beta) with ACE Mod) is "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@OPX

Comment

Looks completely fine to me. You have the correct files at the correct location, and your shortcut is correct. Your Avgani and Afghan village should be fine, so no idea why you couldn't join.

If you want to be sure: A quick way to test a map is to launch it in mission editor. If it's in the editor's map list and you can edit a mission on the map you know it works.

Comment

This might sound dumb but maybe if you are using a firewall it's blocking it?

Alternatively, try separating the OPX islands by essentially breaking it down to two separate folders.
                    i.e.
                    @Afghan_village/Addons/
                    @Avgani/Addons/
                    In both subfolders (Addons) you should have a total of 10 files in there.

Also, do you have a spaces between "beta;(here)@ACE"?
                    There shouldn't be any spaces between the mods otherwise it will not load them.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Try downloading the Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village 7z again, could be a bad download.
                      And just a side note some servers require that the keys be in there proper place,
                      any files marked .bikey should be placed in the ArmA\Keys directory.

So... ArmA\@OPX\Addons\ All .pbo and .bisign
                      and... ArmA\Keys All .bikeys

Good luck...
                      Tom
                      Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
                      It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TWilson View Post
                        any files marked .bikey should be placed in the ArmA\Keys directory.
                        Negative. .bikey files are for server side use only, and clients can happily delete them. It's the .bisign-files that matter on client-side.

Also I wouldn't recommend separating the islands to different folders. The opxbuildings, opxroads etc. .pbos are used on both islands, so in my opinion it's best to keep them in the same place with the islands themselves to make sure they're all loaded.

Btw if this indeed is an addon related problem you should have some kind of report on it in your arma.rpt(just use windows search to find it, it should be in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\ArmA" or similar). Next time you're having trouble connecting open the file immediately after that and take a look if there's anything on missing addons at the bottom.

Comment

One more thing: Some Avgani and Afghan village missions contain camo nets and hangars that come with the ACE Islands pack. That means even though the mission is set on Avgani it won't work without ACEIP because it NEEDS the nets, and you're issue might actually be with ACEIP rather than Avgani.

Comment

Does anyone use ARMA launcher?

Comment

I do, great program

Highly recommended :icon14:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse