Getting mods to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting mods to work

Hello guys I have a problem! I want to get HiFifx's sound mod to work, CSM works fine because I deleted the line of code in the ACE client file that had to do with sounds, but I can't get Hifi's to work. Also I can not get Madmatts effects mod to work. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: Getting mods to work

Madmatt's is already included in ACE, so no need to run a second copy.

Comment

Ok thanks, how about the sounds though?
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

It's a mod like other mods, for example Avgani, so same rules apply to the installation. Since you've already disabled ACE sounds for default Arma classes you could start by checking that the Hifi installation is correct, that the mod is enabled in your Arma-shortcut, etc. The usual stuff when mod problems arise.

Comment

It is enabled. It is installed correctly. I did what I normally do.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

Comment

Can you use VOP 1.19 in TG servers?

Comment

Yes, you would need to use their patched for ACE version. Bigworm.
              Basically, replacing two files with the small update.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yes, that mod should indeed be ok for MP

As a general note I wouldn't recommend running any mods in MP unless you specifically know it doesn't cause trouble. In Arma it's really easy to cause havoc to the server and other players by running incompatible mods(for example XAM on a stock or ACE server, bad thing. Or ACE on a stock server, etc.). Same goes with markers: If you put up a marker from a mod the others don't have they'll just get a very annoying error message. Or run DMSmoke when others don't have it: error messages on their screen.
                Know what you use gentlemen :madsmile:

Comment

To be able to get a 3rd party sound mod to work alongside ACE, I believe you have to do the following:
                  Go to: Program Files\Atari\ArmA\Dta\ACE
                  Open up: ace_clientside_config.hpp

Then where it says:
                  ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS
                  When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes
                  When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods
                  */
                  #define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS
                  You have to comment out the command line, so it now should look like this:
                  ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS
                  When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes
                  When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods
                  */
                  //#define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS
                  Finally, just add a soundmod using the modfolder method in your shortcut's command line and you should be good to go.

But feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X