Geometry and Texture lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geometry and Texture lag

With the new patches out i have been experiancing massive Geometry and Texture lag, water is white and water towers are triangles. Players are white sticks and the ammo boxes are green squares.

Intel quad core q6600
    4gig
    Vista ultimate
    8800GTS
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: Geometry and Texture lag

Sounds like massive drive fragmentation, with a new patch and the aceip release so close together it's unavoidable. Try using 'Ultimate Defrag' placing Arma on the outside of your drive, make sure your page file is locked and not fragmented. With games that stream from your drive during play drive speed is one of the largest performance factors. I currently use a WD Raptor (not fast enough) and plan on getting 2 SSD's in raid so I never have to defrag again.

Good luck.
    Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
    It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

Ok trying ultimate defrag. How do you set it outside my drive??
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Hopefully you (aha...) purchased the most recent copy, and have access to all features.
        First step would be to select the drive with ArmA on it...
        Next Analise that drive, go to TOOLS (at the top) and select OPTIONS (make sure your ArmA drive is selected on the Left) Under High Performance select Custom (Strict Placement) Click Select Files and put your ArmA folder from the Right into the Left...
        You have no reason to Archive any data. Click Okay and go back to the main screen...
        Highlight CONSOLIDATE, Click Options, Select "Respect high performance" + "Put directories close to MFT" all else unchecked - Click OK
        And Start your Consolidated De-fragmentation.

I assume you've already Locked your pagefile to a specific size (2048MB min and max) and checked that it was not fragmented.

Cheers.
        Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
        It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

i dont get how your lagging with that, i aint getting much lag with new patches and i got

acording to dxdiag:
          ~2.4Ghz single core
          1 gig ram
          vista basic
          geforce 6600 504mb
          Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

The defrag definatly helped.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

Comment

I'm glad you got it fixed... Any time you need help, whatever it is let me know...

Cheers
              Tom Wilson

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X