Radio Silence Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Silence Problem

Does anyone know why I can't change my radio silence when I save in the ace_clientside_config.hpp file? I keep getting this error message, and it just won't let me save the changes.

Re: Radio Silence Problem

It seems to be a Vista problem. First make sure you have not ArmA running in the processes, if not, check in the file properties of ace_clientside_config if the read only box is unchecked and in the advanced options that the index option is unchecked also.

If none of the above works, try to switch of the UAC in windows security options.

I hope this helps you.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Well.. the read only file was unchecked, although I changed the index box to unchecked, it still did not work. How do I change the UAC?

Comment

ACe King in Vista try doing this:
        1. Copy the file and paste it to the desktop
        2. Modify the file while it is on the desktop
        3. Copy and paste the file back into the original location
        4. Choose yes to overwrite the original file

I had found that modifying the file on in the original location would not allow you to save the file.

Comment

Originally posted by aceking View Post
          Well.. the read only file was unchecked, although I changed the index box to unchecked, it still did not work. How do I change the UAC?
          control panel -> security center

@tangowrangler, I have vista and it allows me to change it.

EDIT: UAC = User account control
          Last edited by Jorge.PT; 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Blackdog had this problem. PM blackdog w/ this, i remember he found a way around it. I think it had something to do with running vista in admin mode maybe?
            Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by tangowrangler View Post
              ACe King in Vista try doing this:
              1. Copy the file and paste it to the desktop
              2. Modify the file while it is on the desktop
              3. Copy and paste the file back into the original location
              4. Choose yes to overwrite the original file

I had found that modifying the file on in the original location would not allow you to save the file.
              This seems to have worked. Thx.

Comment

I haven't actually taken the time to figure out why, but this is the way I got it to work. I am glad my advice helped you out Ace king.

Comment

Originally posted by tangowrangler View Post
                  I haven't actually taken the time to figure out why, but this is the way I got it to work. I am glad my advice helped you out Ace king.
                  Yah, vista can be wierd sometimes. I also noticed that you can't extract zip files into specific folders, so I would always have to extract them to the desktop and transfer the files from there. And also, I have a folder that contains all of my Arma addon downloads and ACE .exe files, and for some reason everytime I go anywhere near it, my computer becomes super slow and the windows program doesn't respond for like literally 20 minutes. From there, the CPU processes all my other programs at an abnormally slow rate. So I could only access my Arma addon folders through Safe Mode.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X