Can't connect to the servers....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to the servers....

Looked around and couldn't find an answer to this, but i can't connect to either server. i have all the mods installed, the tag line: "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani;@VOP_Sound

i don't know if its just i cant join cuz its not JIP, but i tried when it was breifing (i don't know if breifing is actually starting the game). It loads and flashes the join screen, and then goes back to the server list.
    Much appreciated for any answers.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu

Re: Can't connect to the servers....

Hm. I've got this problem too.
    I tried to connected to the server many times, and i did all steps from here => FAQ: Which mods/addons do I need to play in the server? (25.01.2009)
    I thought, maybe need to copy all folders from "Avgani Iraq version 1.5 & Afghan Village version 1.0.rar" into a new folder "\AddOns". Because when i copy all files .pbo and .bisign to the folder "\AddOns" i still can't connect to the server.

Comment

yea, i've done what was in that thread too, and i still can't connect. i know i have the mods installed right, cuz i can access weapons like the javelin and Afghan village.
      If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
      - Sun Tzu

Comment

Yep.
        I don't know what need to do.

Comment

Likely you don't have Schmalfelden installed and loaded on your shortcut.

Need to make a folder for it and load it in your shortcut.

Comment

ah, i have that installed, but i don't have it in the shortcut. ty.
            - Sun Tzu

Comment

Monkey Man, Reach, did adding Schmalfelden help at all?

Note as well that Server 1 has Schmalfelden whereas #2 does not - so if you where not able to connect to either server adding Schmalfelden is great but it may not resolve your problem.

Advise here if you are still having problems - we'll try to coordinate a time on TS or else just hop onto TS - either the Admin or Pathfinder channels should have folks that can help you get sorted.

-BoD
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I have the same issue. I am on a clean install patched up per the same thread mentioned above. I put Schmalfelden in the same folder as the other islands and called it "ACE-Islands". ArmA 1.16.5277, ACE Public Beta 1.08.

Joining I get a series of messages that seem fine, then just end back at the find server screen. Joining a second time I can see an error message left from the last connection that says I can not join due to missing content deleted.bk12_Nets.

Comment

you might have been trying to join the server with no JIP, so you would connect but then disconnect straight away i do beleive.

also if you have Schmalfelden in its own separate folder make sure the 2 files are in an addons folder within the @Schmalfelden folder.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                    you might have been trying to join the server with no JIP, so you would connect but then disconnect straight away i do beleive.

also if you have Schmalfelden in its own separate folder make sure the 2 files are in an addons folder within the @Schmalfelden folder.
                    Thanks for the reply Browna. It was Server 1 and the mission was Domination, should have mentioned that. Schmalfelden is loaded with the other islands in an ACE-Islands folder which is in my link: -mod=beta;@ACE-Islands;@ACE -nosplash

Comment

bk12_nets is part of Aceip, so that's what you need to check. It's not installed correctly if it gives you that message.

Comment

I redid the AceIP install and still had the issue, so there must be something missing in the source files linked from the directions thread. A little googling found me the bk_nets source data: Link Here. I put the pbo files (and only the pbo files) in the ACE/Addons folder. Everything is working now.

I should also note that this was only a Server 1 issue. I could connect to Server 2.

Comment

it hasn't worked, but now its telling me i'm missing files. the ones im missing are: ace_island_uwar_desert, ace_config_vehicle, ACE_Config_Men, ace_config_weapon, and the bk12_nets.

I'm thinking i need a reintsall of ACE and ACE Islands.
                          - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Monkey Man29 View Post
                            it hasn't worked, but now its telling me i'm missing files. the ones im missing are: ace_island_uwar_desert, ace_config_vehicle, ACE_Config_Men, ace_config_weapon, and the bk12_nets.

I'm thinking i need a reintsall of ACE and ACE Islands.
                            What was your ACE install process? I was nervous about patching eight times, so found the Ace 1.07 full install and went from there.

Comment

i got all the links from the thread that gives all the mods for the servers. i know i have version 1.08, but i don't know whats wrong.
                              - Sun Tzu

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X