Can't Install Patch 1.09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Install Patch 1.09

Guess who? Computer illiterate Monkey Man.
    Whenever I attempt to install the patch v1.09, the installer tells me that the "Version.txt not found or unreadable, can not continue" I have no clue what I have to do to fix this. I've attempted a few different links, tried the ACE six-arma updater and it still gives me the same exact message.

Any help is much appreciated.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu

Re: Can't Install Patch 1.09

Best bets would be to download the last full patch, or find your missing file.

Comment

I'll give it a shot.
      If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
      - Sun Tzu

Comment

Otherwise you can always check that you have a "version.txt" file in /ArmA/@ACE/Docs/
        The content of the file should only be "1.08" without quotation marks. No space, no new line afterwards. Nothing.

If you don't have the file, make one.

Sometimes that file gets messed up for whatever reason, but it's easy to fix manually :)

Comment

I have that file, I found it a while ago. I tried extracting the files for 1.09 and it has the version.txt for 1.09. I'm at a loss.

------EDIT------
          Nothing has worked so far...
          Last edited by Mr Monkey Man29; 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM.
          - Sun Tzu

Comment

Woo, I got it working. Apparantly all it takes are some voodoo chants and blood rituals.
            - Sun Tzu

Comment

So what was it? Please post as I'm sure others will have the same problem eventually and it's very helpful to have guidance.

-BoD
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I think what finally fixed it was that I had to move all the folders from the @ACE/Addons into the general @ACE folder. Then when trying to run it, I had to move the folders back into the @ACE/Addons folder.
                - Sun Tzu

Comment

A good ACE installation has no folders in @ACE\AddOns, only .pbos and .bisigns, so something's definitely up with yours.

Comment

Hmmmm, well then. Yea, its a pain to manage, but its outweighed by the fun on the servers. Also, the server tells me that I don't have the bk_12.nets files, although they are in my @aceip addons folder.
                    - Sun Tzu

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X