• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA2 install problem

Hi when installing I get the following error:

"file copy error (crc does not match)
    C:\Program Files\ArmA 2\AddOns\anims.pbo"

This is probably I would guess a failure to read from the drive. What I would like to know is.

1 Any suggestions on how to fix this, preferrably short of sending the disk back for a new one.
    2 Failing to fix it, maybe someone can help me find a workaround, I can find individual files that maybe damaged on the Torrentz, but I'm not sure if this can be done, or how one would go about it.

Thx in advance.

Re: ARMA2 install problem

Fixed by cleaning disk over and over and also using vacuum cleaner on drive. Not sure what made it work but its fixed for now :p.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you in game Al. It's been too long since we squadded up.

Getting into a Bradley last night I remarked to myself how much the LAV's in ARMA 2 look like the LAV's from PR.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sweet that your still around.

I'll keep an eye out on ts.

Comment

Al,

Did you get your game working? If not please be persistant and bug us as much as possible. Looking forward to seeing you in game.
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess it is most likely a hardware problem. I had a similar problem while reinstalling BF2 about a year ago. I guess my DVD reader is nearing the white light at the end of the tunnel.

Other than that, I have had a few crashes here and there, unfortunately of the kind where you cannot do anything and have to reboot. On a whole though it seems to rune decent, and the PC crashes seem to be less frequent the more I have played it ... somehow. I guess my pc is doing some kind of fitness so he can better cope after proper training. Or it was defragmentation that helped.

As sais ty, and if anyone sees me online, I'll follow you like a slave if you tell me where to go, tend to get lost :).

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post

....if you tell me where to go, tend to get lost :).
              Ya...the ARMA game world is huge isn't it. For a while I was playing COD and ARMA (huh??) and every once in a while another player would ask me if the maps were big in Armed Assault. Getting them to understand just how big was never easy.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Saw you jump in yesterday Al just as I had to bail. Sorry about that. BUT more and more guys are getting A2 now, so expect some even bigger organised games soon!

Comment

The round I played with you Jeepo there was the best I've played. PvP was actually more fun than I thought.

Comment

;)

Just a shame that we all died, but that ambush was intense! More to follow!

Comment

Has anyone had a solution to this problem yet? I just got this game and was *really* excited to play it,

and guess what, I get this error. My dvd rom plays every dvd I have even the scratched up ones. just with this game, no luck. Please tell me someone has come up with a real obvious answer by now.

Comment

Crc is a failure to read unfortunately which pretty much narrows it down to either your drive or the disc being unsuitable, worst comes to worst I would suggest asking where you bought it to swap it or alternatively it is legal for you to download a copy as you own the game (as long as you don't share, I believe).

I'm not a huge tech head though, so there may be a way around it, I've heard of people doing some crazy things to get hardware working - to success ;p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X