Crossfire working now in Arma2.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfire working now in Arma2.

Well very good news guys crossfire X is working with the new ATI Catalyst 9.7 RC3 Drivers for Vista/Win7 | x86\x64.
    It is still a beta version and not officially released.Arma2 is picking it up now and seems to work fine with my ATI 4870x2.:icon_bigg

Give it a go.Here is the link:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1...7-x86-x64.html
    |TG| Eugene
    sigpic
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Re: Crossfire working now in Arma2.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!! 2 HD4890s baby!

Comment

Hmm, i just crossfired an ASUS EAH4850 1GB with my ASUS EAH 4830 1GB , i enabled crossfire in CCC, rebooted and it says it worked.
      However when i start arma2 and i try to up the settings, arma CTDs when i try to set the AA to normal...

I have the postprocess disabled and am only on 1280x1024

any ideas what could causing this??
      sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

actually, never mind , during research i found out about rivatuner... and according to that my 4830 was running at 115 celcius under 2% GPU usage... uhm yeah, that would explain why arma2 has been CTDing on me left, right and center for the past few days lol
        Gonna take it to shop tomorrow as it's still under warranty and see what they can do for me... hoping they'll give another 4850 as the 4830s are getting scarce here...

Good thing i have the 4850 in there now to hold me over!
        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

i'm in the same boat as you sturgis with one 4830. Could you confirm that the 4850 is trying to downclock to the frequency of your 4830 or is your 4830 trying to overclock to a 4850 in crossfire hence the 115c temp. MY 4830 runs at 43c at rest around 60 when in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
            i'm in the same boat as you sturgis with one 4830. Could you confirm that the 4850 is trying to downclock to the frequency of your 4830 or is your 4830 trying to overclock to a 4850 in crossfire hence the 115c temp. MY 4830 runs at 43c at rest around 60 when in use.
            I'd very much doubt it's the 4830 trying to scale up to the 4850s performance that caused the extreme heat.
            First of all, all reading i have come across tells me it's the faster card that scale down to the slower one.
            Also an 4850 has only about 10% extra performance on a 4830 (they really are great little cards, those 30s) so the 30 shouldn't have to work "that" much more.

Secondly, i have been experiencing alot more CTDs the past week and a half, with really heavy and frequent CTDs the past two days. I also remember the card beeing extremely hot when i was in my case about 2 weeks back.

My guess is, when i was having computershutdown problems a few weeks back (i reported this here) due to one of the smalle cables in my PCI-E cable to my 4830 coming undone, and consequently my pc going to sleep mode every now and then due to what i suspect were power surges/spikes, that the 4830 took a hit from one of those spikes/surges.

After i got the cable fixed, the card hasn't been the same... the fan has been much louder then it was, there was also some heavy tikking going on in it... so i'm guessing the fubared fan is causing the card to run as hot as it was...and not the actual crossfire.

the 4850 was humming away silently at about 44-45C

i'd say, go ahead get a 50 and try it depending on how they are priced where you are! performance of a CF 30-50 should be near 4870 performance (with CF 50s leaving the 70 behind)

Down here, upgrading to a 4870 would have cost me around 180€ , and while possible to crossfire with a 4830, would have made little sense...
            I got a deal on the 50 for a 110€ (BUT it's a 1GB version) while other 4850s with only 512MB are around 105-110€.

Since i was suspecting my 4830s wasn't running as it should, i jumped on it having looked at the 4870s and 4890s, their Nvidia counterparts and all of the respective pricings at different shops down here.
            My conclusion was that 2x 4850s would have given me the better/best performance then the single cards at the sam pricepoint.
            i figured i'd get one first to see how it would perform with the 30, but unfortunatly that didn't really work out as you see... however if your 30 is still running as it should, i see no reason why you couldn't give a 50 in CF a go ;-)

Just make sure if your 4830 has 1GB ram onboard to get a 4850 with 1GB of ram as well! As the crossfire will scale down to the lowest RAM of both cards.
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...