ARMA 2 -RAM, CPU or Video Card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 2 -RAM, CPU or Video Card?

Folks... Whats the general consensus for The Best Upgrade for ARMA 2..? Is it a CPU Hog or a RAM Glutton...maybe a Video Pig... ??

I am running a Dual Core E8400 Cpu (3Ghz)..but could throw a Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield for around $199.00.. I am running Vista 64 with 4 megs of Ram and have a Nvid 260 Card..

So Whats your Call... (knowing I am not going anywhere on the videa since nothign seems to do the trick there..)..

Thanks

P
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: ARMA 2 -RAM, CPU or Video Card?

I have the same setup as you peardog except i have a 2.66 cpu. My upgrade will be my processor and waiting for the i5. Although ArmA2 isn't designed for a quad exactly, the 4 cores still make gameplay better and defiantly help out your FPS.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I don't see why you would be lagging. Mind telling me what GPU you have exactly?

Comment

TO be honest..I'm not lagging... I just wanna upgrade.. ;-) Not Sure of FPS... but it all seems pretty ARMAish to me.. I was just wondering if a CPU upgrade would assist at all...

as for the GPU..it's a PNY VCGGTX260CXPB GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB..blah blah.. etc..
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

If you ask me, I would wait out until at least another patch or two to came out before buying or upgrading your system. So far, the reason the game is hard on most PC gamers is that it isn't optimised fully yet, bugs, kinks etc.

Think of it as how ArmA was when it came out. Pretty much the same as ArmAII.
          I'm not saying wait another year but, waiting another month or two wouldn't hurt since you do have a decent rig already. Also by that time the prices of the current (or older) CPU and GPU prices will drop and stay that way for some time.

I'm running on E7400 overclocked to 3.6Ghz and 512MB 4850 card with 4 GB RAM.
          The card works fine as is, and with the stable overclock my game has improved.
          I know that by waiting abit longer for the patches will address few issues with system stability, graphical settings, memory management etc etc.

My 2 cents.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yeh man CPU is fine and core 216 is fine as well. lol I agree with LowSpeed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X