Arma 2 and track ir

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 and track ir

Is there a trick that I am missing to engage my track ir3 in Arma 2.

It worked fine in Arma, but no love in Arma 2.

Re: Arma 2 and track ir

If I remember right the new TrackIR API in A2 doesn't work with TrackIR older than 4 or Freetrack etc. If so I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to get it to work other than that one hack which is... a hack, so that's a bit of a grey area.

Comment

Arma2 does indeed use the new encrypted TIR interface which prevents Freetrack, TIR1 and TIR2 users from using it without special measures. Everything up from and including TIR3 works however, and this is coming straight from Naturalpoint.

What you need to to do is go to their site and downoad the newest 4.X software for it, and that should do the trick.

Comment

tir 3 no workie mate.

Comment

Yes it does. As I said you need the newest 4.x software. Older than that won't cut it and 5.x won't work with TIR3.

Comment

Yup, I've been using my 3 since the game came out all I had to do was download the 4x software.

Comment

I got it working but it is spotty. :(

Comment

I'm so on the fence about whether I should get one of these. I hear a lot of people who have them just let them collect dust somewhere. But they sound so cool!

Comment

I love mine, and it only collects dust when I'm not playing ArmA!
                  Sadly, that's not as much as I'd like, so I do keep a feather duster nearby ;)
                  Seeken

Comment

Mine is in use for a number of different games, and it doesn't collect dust except when (and this is becoming disturbingly more frequent) I'm not on the game PC. I purchased mine years ago - v4 in my case - and it has been worth every cent.
                    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

what other types of games do you play?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Track IR will improve your Situational Awareness and is a must have for all flight and some driving sim's.
                        I had a little trouble getting it to work when I first installed ArmA 2 untill I was told to click on the controls button in game and enable it.

Comment

Jack,

Assuming that question was aimed at me, active games are ArmAII, Flight Sim X, IL-2 1946. Have used it on ArmA, other various versions of MS's flight sim line, Falcon 4:AF, Lock On.

-BoD
                          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Originally posted by BarnacleofDoom View Post
                            Jack,

Assuming that question was aimed at me, active games are ArmAII, Flight Sim X, IL-2 1946. Have used it on ArmA, other various versions of MS's flight sim line, Falcon 4:AF, Lock On.

-BoD
                            ya sorry it was, forry for the ambiguity. IL-2 1946 is that for PC?? i thought that it only came out on xBox.

i just want to get this product but want to justify the price :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

IL-2 1946 is going really hot on my PC at least! Best WW2 flight sim you can get. Period.

IL-2 1946, including IL-2 Sturmovik and all expansions released in between (5 titles in total) can be had at Good Old Games for $9.99.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X