• Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 system specs

Aight here are my specs:

CPU: Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair
    GPU: Ati Radeon 4870HD with 1GB VRAM
    HDD: 500GB Seagate @7200RPM

So how does it look? would i be able to max out the settings, and play the game like those sweet demo videos i see all the time?:row__523:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Arma 2 system specs

You'd better be able to, else I don't know what will! :row__523:

I can it run it maxed out and my specs are slightly lower than yours. You should be fine.

My specs-

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 3324MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 739 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 1

Comment

alright-o

thanks!

Comment

check out the forums over at Bohemia. There are a few threads comparing performance with various hardware setups. Look for the one that references the ARMA 2 Mark Mission. This is a benchmark someone created for ARMA. Lots of info on I7 chips in that thread.

From what I understand some I7 owners have had performance problems with various set ups that saw medium fps performance at best. I upgraded to a Q 9550 cpu over an I7. the price was about 50% less and I had an instinct that ARMA 2 was written with the existing skt 775 technology in mind.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

creepin buddy. This is almost a post to SHOW OFF your specs...common man.

Comment

kay sry, i was never able to play the ArmA 1 demo because the demo didnt support vista..., it always crashed...

Comment

Hi all!

I also bought the game, I have a small question. My X-fire ingame browser does not seem to work with ArmaII and I cannot get the FPS indicator to work.

Anyone that can help me with this?

Comment

Shouldn't you have started a new thread or something? Pretty way off topic question.

Anyways, if it's still not fixed without tweaking Xfire wont work on retail copys, only Steam. Xfire is hugely biased towards NA stuff and A2 support was added when the game was Steam only for NA. Fix is in this thread somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
                  kay sry, i was never able to play the ArmA 1 demo because the demo didnt support vista..., it always crashed...

If you tried playing arma1 with that system it would lag like hell anyways. Arma 1 only supports 1 core :P And no multi-threading :)

Comment

try this with xfire:
                    Xfire, go to option > games > and manually selec to add a game, using the ArmA 2 path

should work fine.

Comment

Xfire in game for the DvD version is not supported, however Xfire does detect that you are playing the game. On the ArmA engine Xfire takes approx. 10-15fps just to run so I would not suggest using it as an FPS counter.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                        Xfire in game for the DvD version is not supported, however Xfire does detect that you are playing the game. On the ArmA engine Xfire takes approx. 10-15fps just to run so I would not suggest using it as an FPS counter.
                        Same for the Steam version of ArmA2. Fairly annoying since i can take any screenies.
                        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X