Low Resolution GUI/HUD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Resolution GUI/HUD

Ok so ArmA2 was working fine last night. Today I installed the newest 1.03 beta patch, the CBA addon, and one of the NVG addons. I believe those are all that I installed and when I booted up ArmA2 whether it be through .exe, shortcut, or ArmALaunch the loading screen and all the GUI was very blurry as if it were running at a lower resolution. I completely reinstalled ArmA2 and the same thing is still happening!
    Both the 3D res and the GUI res in video options are set to 1680x1050. I've disabled all mods and made it as stock as I can yet I can't fix this problem. I can't read anything with GUI at Very Small setting but if I raise it to Small or higher it stretches across more and the GUI elements such as in-game text chat will be cropped off the screen.
    Anybody got any ideas?

Re: Low Resolution GUI/HUD

Sounds more like a problem with in your graphic card's settings than with mods. I managed to achieve the same result in Arma1 by lowering "MipMap detail level"(Ati calls it that), so you could take a look at that. Lowering it didn't result in any perfromance increases, but in the behaviour you describe. Putting it to "high" or "very high" brought back the crispy and clear HUD.

Comment

Re: Low Resolution GUI/HUD

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
      Sounds more like a problem with in your graphic card's settings than with mods. I managed to achieve the same result in Arma1 by lowering "MipMap detail level"(Ati calls it that), so you could take a look at that. Lowering it didn't result in any perfromance increases, but in the behaviour you describe. Putting it to "high" or "very high" brought back the crispy and clear HUD.
      Ok thanks. I will try that. I was fooling about with CCC to get my card running a bit smoother.

Edit: WOOT! I love you, fincuan! That was exactly the problem. I just went into CCC and raised the mipmap back up and it's fine. I thought mipmap was for 3D stuff not the 2D elements but I guess I was wrong.

Edit2: Now I'm really confused. I managed to recreate the problem accidentally and now I can't solve it again. I added the Community Base Addons and NVG addon back into the mix and now the problem is occuring again. Changing the mipmap level yields no results now. I will probably end up reinstalling all over again and deleting the CBA and NVG addons.
      Last edited by kevlarorc; 08-24-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X