Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Trouble

Hello,

Every since my arma crashed a few days ago, the voice on my Microsoft Microphone Headset is not working properly. I can hear through it fine, I am just simply not able to talk through it. It is not muted. Is my mic just dead after under a year's use or is there something else up with it? Thanks.

Re: Mic Trouble

XP or Vista?

Comment

Vista

Comment

It doesn't work in arma only or in TS also?
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

No TS either it seems. I'm starting to think it may be dying because sometimes it actually cuts in and out. It works for a few minutes and people can hear me, then it goes dead again. Although is that possible when the headset sound works just find?

Comment

Check your mic connection, and I mean the actual connections inside the mic. The wires may have been thinned due to wear and tear.
            Just another thought.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

All the wires appear fine. It hasn't seen any real wear, just sitting on my desktop. I also have a real old logitec, but I can't even get it to filter sound, nevermind speak through it.
              Last edited by Seiler; 10-24-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Check ur sound card if he is overheating (close to a monster graphic card) then thats the problem.

Comment

But can the sound card itself be overheating and all other headphone sounds be working just fine? Or it is something that specifically effects the microphone?

If it is indeed the problem, is the only solution to get a new soundcard?

Comment

NO! Don't rush and buy a new card.

Make sure you have everything ok in the audio control pannel, if it's ok, try reinstalling the audio drivers, but when you uninstall them make sure to use driver sweeper to clean everything they leave behind.
                    sigpic

Comment

Everything in the audio control panel is listed as "working." If I uninstall the drivers, will I be able to reinstall them easily from the control panel or will I have to gather up all the sofware and then reinstall it.

Comment

You can find your drivers online if you uninstall them

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

As dredge said, it's best to download them, but do it before uninstalling the current ones and after you can install the drivers by executing the installation file.

If you have a inboard sound card check your motherboard manufacturer site, if you have a plugin sound card go to their site.
                          sigpic

Comment

another idea, windows sometimes loves to change the "record source device". meaning that due to another software it changes from mic to line or whatever.
                            check the native windows sound mixer and check if the recording source is the mic input.
                            and also check the volume which is set there. this is also an issue sometimes. software A changes the input level, software B changes it back.
                            happens to me for e.g. bf2 PR as its voice setting changes the windows setting and - which would be better - don't have their individual setting.

good luck
                            rabommel
                            ---------------------------------
                            Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse
                            ---------------------------------

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement