Windows 7 problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 problems?

Got a great student deal on windows 7, thinking about upgrading anyone having problems with ArmA 2 and windows 7? better performance? worse?

Re: Windows 7 problems?

I've been using different 64-bit versions of 7 since the first public beta, and compared to XP I have nothing but positive to say. Better performance than with XP on all fronts, and it's generally an excellent operating system. I'd definitely recommend you to get it, and make sure you get the 64-bit version if your CPU allows it.

Comment

been using win7 pro x64 for about a month and a half thanks to msdna from school and love it. seems to work great with arma on my rig

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I have been using win 7x64 since beta and loaded the real one on the 22nd of Oct. Its been a trouble free os since day one of the beta...Just Do it !!

Comment

I just got 7 pro 64 installed and have had no problems with ArmA
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Ordered mine through education discount. Windows Pro 64.
            I will update the performance results once I have installed with SSD.
            I'm still researching for an ideal SSD.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I did actually. Crashes now...last i check, fault module was d3d9.dll.
              I did some quick google searches, and actually didn't find too much....I'm sure I can fix it though.

I got the $29 deal also, just because didn't have patience for finding the school person to get in contact with etc.

I recommend doing a clean install, if you haven't come to that conclusion already; even if it's an upgrade version.
              Some people have had trouble with downloading the files. In case you haven't yet, I recommend just getting the ISO. I know I made me an ISO with the DL-ed files and have a DVD stored away nicely.

ISO link is at the bottom of the article:
              http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...able,8946.html

Comment

Made sure you have DirectX9.0c installed? DirectX 9 and 10 are separate installations afaik.

Comment

Ok here's a question, does anyone know where multiplayer missions go when you export a mission to MPmissions in windows 7? With vista they used to go to...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MpMissions but now I can't seem to find them, their gone!

Comment

Same place. Make sure the folder exists, and that you have permissions to write into it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X