Kneeling and ironsights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneeling and ironsights

I'm posting this to make sure that I'm not the only one noticing this. While you are standing or prone and look through the iron sights, it's normal and your sights are lined up properly... however, if you are kneeling while using ironsights it looks like my point of view (or the gun) is swaying in a weird way, at some points it looks like my guy is trying to press his face against the lower right part of the rear sight and it's aggravating me because it's throwing my aim off.

I could make a video to demonstrate the effect, but has anybody else seen this problem? If other people know about it do we know if it will be patched in the next version? I prefer to be kneeling behind cover and shooting than standing up behind a low sandbag wall just to be able to look down the sights properly.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'm not sure where else it would go.

Re: Kneeling and ironsights

Known problem and not much you can do about it at the moment. There's a test version of working Aimpoints and Eotechs somewhere in BIS forums that helps with aiming, but other than that we'll just have to wait for a fix. Using the Aimpoint/Eotech addon you btw see that it's actually the player's head swaying a lot and the weapon only a little.

Comment

Okay, it's good to know that it's not something that's just screwed up with my copy of the game =) I think I'll wait for an official patch instead of messing around with addons and such. Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

This sway infuriates me to no end. It's the main reason I hate iron sights.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Yeah, pretty irritating that the most useful stance is the one where the weapon sway is completely messed up :(

Comment

Happens to everyone.
            It sucks.
            There is a million reports to have it changed.
            Wait till next patch.

Cheers.

Rommel.

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel View Post
              Happens to everyone.
              It sucks.
              There is a million reports to have it changed.
              Wait till next patch.
              I suppose I wasn't looking hard enough =P

But ya. I pretty much assume it's because in ArmA 2 there are new 'idle' animations while you're standing still, even with a weapon raised, yet when you go to ironsights the animation probably stops for you so that the sights work right. I think that kneeling in the game has something to do with it, considering in ArmA you couldn't lower your weapon while crouched, and that's a new thing in this game. The idle animations are too... Yet, there have been problems with crouching and weapon lowering (or moreso, raising).

I just hope that this is either fixed in a beta patch coming soon or the 1.05 patch... coming who knows when.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
                I suppose I wasn't looking hard enough =P

But ya. I pretty much assume it's because in ArmA 2 there are new 'idle' animations while you're standing still, even with a weapon raised, yet when you go to ironsights the animation probably stops for you so that the sights work right. I think that kneeling in the game has something to do with it, considering in ArmA you couldn't lower your weapon while crouched, and that's a new thing in this game. The idle animations are too... Yet, there have been problems with crouching and weapon lowering (or moreso, raising).

I just hope that this is either fixed in a beta patch coming soon or the 1.05 patch... coming who knows when.
                It wouldnt really be arma if the most useful stance worked, would it now? :D
                Im surprised that the helos dont work like boats and the tanks like portable mess halls.
                Nihility

Comment

I just saw this thread now, but it's good to know I'm not alone in this and for me it's even worse when climbing a hill, I can't even align the ironsight....
                  sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...