Trees of DOOM!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees of DOOM!

Ever since i got arma2 i have had this problem with trees and pushes other then pine trees. it is especially bad with orange tees and bushes. Whenever i get within ~5M of one of these evil plants my FPS dies. Seriously it dies. I can go from 30fps standing in Zelenogorsk, then walk next to a tree and have it drop to 2 instantly. I have found a work around in lowering my texture to low then back to highest and the lag stops until i move to a new area, but it has already gotten me killed twice cause of my inability to run or move while its reloading all the textures and things. I have tried Proper foliage mods and they fixed some trees, but not all trees. And they certainly made everything ugly so i took the mod off. I have tried the latest beta which gave me a massive boost to fps in cities you should get it) but it also didn't do anything to help my evil trees of doom problem. So anyone have an idea on how to fix it? You would be my hero.
    Last edited by tralicrifleman; 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM.

Re: Trees of DOOM!

I have the same issues.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

The orange bushes are known FPS-killers for everyone. Check out http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/proper-pr..._Tweak_Visuals and try what works for you. I'm using the 'Low Visuals' (heard that Very Low looks like crap) and the game still looks good and runs much better for me.

Comment

great stuff will try these fixes tonight. Thanks for the tips Inkompetent. Does anyone know if there is a texture replacement for the orange trees? I would really like less of this autumn feeling.

cheers

Ramp out

sigpic

Comment

"Vegetation_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.7z: 102 MB"
          That is the one I am using. Also using the Beta version helped me.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X